Tuesday, June 20, 2023

World Seniors Snooker in Sheffield

On the 6th of May I headed back to The Crucible in Sheffield with my mum and stepdad as well this time to watch the World Seniors Snooker Championship. My mum and I went last year and really enjoyed ourselves, so we'd persuaded my stepdad to come too. They picked me up about 10.30 and we went to Sheffield and parked, and then went to Marmadukes on Norfolk Row for coffee. I also had a pain au chocolat as I hadn't had any breakfast as I'd woken up with a bit of an upset stomach. 

We went into The Crucible and found our seats, then watched Rob Walker chat about the players and stuff. The first match was Ben Hancorn vs Gerard Green and they were very evenly matched and it came down to 3-3 so they had to play the seventh frame to see who won, and Ben did in the end. This finished around 2pm and we had just fifteen minutes before the next match. Rob Walker was back, in his tuxedo this time, and then he introduced Tony Drago versus Mark Davis. Again it was very evenly matched and came down to the final frame again. At the end Rob came to interview Tony, who won, and who was upset because he had discovered earlier in the day that one of his best friends had died. It was very emotional and we ended up giving him a standing ovation because I can't imagine playing a match after such bad news. They were both excellent matches and I enjoyed myself.

I messaged Lee to tell him to set off for Sheffield, which he did, and the three of us walked up to Pho. You know I love it there and my mum had enjoyed the curry she had had there before so she agreed. We knew Norman would like it too. I hadn't booked as we weren't sure what time the snooker would finish, so we just walked in. It was busy but we were able to get a table. I had summer rolls with peanut sauce and tofu curry which is what I always get, but it's a winning combination and I really like it! Everyone enjoyed their food. 

Afterwards we just came home and got home about 7.40. I had been wearing the same new white top as the day before, and my purple floral skirt. I could see myself on camera some of the time because my white top was very bright!


Pain au chocolat


In the Crucible with the posters


Rob Walker practising for camera


And closer to us


Summer rolls - they are SO good


Tofu curry


And here's my outfit when we got home!

No comments:

Post a Comment