Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Lunch Out in Sheffield

On the first bank holiday in May Lee and I were at a bit of a loose end. I had had a bad cold that I was at the tale end of, and Lee was still ill with some flu type thing which had really knocked him out, so we didn't want to go far but we did want to go out. Lee realised we still had a food gift voucher to use from Christmas so we decided to go to Ask in Sheffield. I'm not always in the mood for Italian food because for vegetarians it can be quite dull, but I was quite in the mood so I booked a table online and we set off.

I wouldn't have needed to book a table as the restaurant wasn't hugely busy, but I didn't know that. I went for a vegan 'noduja' pizza with chips, and a lemon drop spritz cocktail. They were all so nice - the pizza was really lovely and I really liked it. Lee had a chicken and mushroom pasta bake thing which he liked too.

When we'd finished we walked down to the market which was in the Peace Gardens. We had noticed it on the way in. I thought there would be a stall selling crepes so suggested that for pudding. In fact, we came upon a stall selling churros first so both had some of those. Mine were with chocolate and banana slices and they were so good, especially as they were so fresh! 

We looked at the other stalls and there was one selling just crepes so next time I would know that! We went into Orchard Square and had a browse round Waterstones but didn't buy anything, and then went into Blue Banana where Lee bought a Metallica t-shirt. Then we decided to get another drink so went into All Bar One. Lee (who doesn't drink ever) got a coffee and I got a Sailor's Swirl which was a really lovely sweet cocktail with lots of rum in. 

When we'd finished our drinks we were both quite tired so decided to just come home, but I was glad we had bothered to go out and we had had a nice afternoon. 

I was wearing this new Lady V dress. I only had one of their dresses, I think, but then a few days before this I had got a sale email where tons of dresses were down to just £15. They're usually about £60! I ordered four, two in one style and two in another. I liked all of them so decided to keep them, but I'm pretty sure if I don't love them in a year or two I can resell them for nearly what I paid for them (thank you Vinted!). I chose this one, mocha with white polka dots, and paired it with my black footless Snags and my newish black cardigan. This dress feels quite fancy and is nice to wear, so I'm glad I wore it for our afternoon out


New dress, which came with the belt, ready to go out in


Lemon drop spritz


Lee and I waiting for food


My vegan pizza - the tomato base especially was good


Churros!


My Sailor's Swirl in All Bar One


The fountain in Barker's Pool as we were walking back to the car


And we both noticed this old church too. Look at that sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment