Sunday, July 30, 2023

Afternoon out with Bettie and Jen in Derbyshire

On the 11th of June Lee and I had a little trip to Matlock with Bettie and Jen. Lee and I had decided to go anyway and I invited Bettie and Jen just a few days before. We haven't seen them in ages so I was really glad they could come with us. We picked them up and set off for Tansley, where we had booked a table for 12.30 at The Gate Inn. Lee had chosen it and it was a good choice - the portions were absolutely huge! I had a goats cheese and balsamic pizza and some chips. Really good! 

We then drove to Matlock and went in a couple of shops. It was incredibly hot though so we didn't go too far. We then drove to Matlock Bath and had some delicious ice cream. We drove to Cromford to find the river, hoping we would be able to dip our feet in. It was lovely - cold and quite a difficult scramble down the bank for me but I'm so glad I did it. 

We then went to Cromford Mills and just got a drink in the cafe there. It was just after 4pm and we were all hot and bothered so we drove home after that. But it was a nice relaxed afternoon in the sunshine!


Here we all are in the pub!


My delicious pizza. It was huge so I brought half of it home to eat the next day


Lee and I paddling

No comments:

Post a Comment