Thursday, July 6, 2023

Meadowhall and Sushi with my Mum

On the 19th of May I went to Meadowhall with my mum to do some shopping and have some lunch. We had planned this for mid April but we were both ill with what might have been the same bad cold so we had to postpone. I really wanted to go for sushi as I hadn't been in ages. I've said before, but since the pandemic Yo Sushi has changed how it operates and it's not as good anymore. But I still wanted to go. My mum doesn't love sushi but she likes some bits of it, so we went.

She picked me up and when we got to Meadowhall we went for a coffee first of all. Then we walked around the downstairs. We browsed a few places and I got my mum a couple of birthday presents. She bought herself a dress in Yours, it's really nice. I also bought some baklava! We headed upstairs to Yo Sushi at about 12.15. I am pleased to say that they've put more stuff back on the belt, so we picked a few bits up from there. But you still have to order hot food using the QR code, which really annoys me. I wish they would go back to table service. Plus quite a lot of things were missing which was annoying. But I did have some delicious stuff and was glad we went!

After lunch we went to Hotel Chocolat. I remembered I had a gift card from Sam that she had given me for my birthday to spend! So I treated myself to some of the selection packets in a bunch of different flavours. I also got some mroe birthday bits for my mum that she chose. 

We went to Carluccio's for coffee and pudding. I went for sorbet and it was really nice. I picked up a nail polish in Boots as I'd been wanting a frosted pink. That was the last thing we did before leaving, I think. It was a lovely day though! I was wearing this Simply Be dress that I got from Lolly recently - I love the pattern on it and it is comfortable to wear. 


My mum hadn't had sushi like this before, she really liked it


I nearly always  have pumpkin katsu


And these rolls were really delicious


Sorbet in Carluccio's!


And here's my outfit with two tone tights

No comments:

Post a Comment