Saturday, July 8, 2023

Lunch with Roslyn

On the 21st of May I had lunch with my friend Roslyn. We had decided to go into Barnsley and I asked if we could meet quite early so I could get back. She arrived at mine about 11 and I drove us into town. We parked in the new Glassworks and walked through to the Lounge where we had planned to eat. I remembered just as we got to the square that there was a food festival on in town over the weekend, and the place was heaving! I was a bit worried but fortunately we easily got a table in the Lounge and ordered some food. Roslyn is vegetarian like me so she went for a halloumi burger and I had tapas. I went for patatas bravas, arancini (which were only okay), sweetcorn fritters, and a bowl which had hummus and quinoa and pickled onions and bits, that one was really nice. 

We popped into Shoezone so Ros could buy some new shoes, and then we had a look round the food festival. I bought some fudge and a piece of labradorite from a crystal stall. I don't think I've had any of it before but I really like it and how irridescent it is. Roslyn picked up a couple of bits too. Then we went to Starbucks for a drink - it was a hot day so we both had an iced coffee. It was nice to chat and I'm glad I got to see the food festival. I'll have to take Lee next time - there were so many nice choices. I nearly got a crepe but decided not to!

I was wearing one of my flamingo skirts and a top that I discovered at the back of the wardrobe recently. It is pink with faint orange blotches - you can't really see the pattern up close. It's from Simply Be and it still had the tags on it. It's really comfy to wear and I think it matches the skirt brilliantly - I can see myself wearing this combo a lot this summer. I put my black shrug from Yours over the top which made it just right for going out in. I was also wearing black footless tights (which I think I am going to need to replace soon) and my white slip on Converse. It's officially Converse season!

I also asked Roslyn for a photo - we have SO few photos of us together so I would like to rectify that! She is very tall so she crouched for the photo haha 


A close up of the pattern on the top and of course the lovely flamingos


Mezze bowl - would very much recommend this


Patatas bravas with aioli


Arancini - they were a bit too liquid inside for me I think 


Fritters - these are delicious


Looking out over the square where the food festival was. I am really pleased it was so well attended - Barnsley needs stuff like this!


Me and Roslyn!


Here's my outfit when I got home


Here's the lovely piece of labradorite that I bought




No comments:

Post a Comment