Monday, July 10, 2023

Tea Out with Katie

At the end of May I went out for tea with my friend Katie. We went to Ego at the Bulls Head in Horbury, we went before just before Christmas 2022 and thoroughly enjoyed the food so we decided to go again. I did book a table but it wasn't at all busy so I'm sure we could have just walked in. They have quite a lot of vegetarian choices and they have tons of gluten free choices if that's something you need too. As the weather was nice, the doors were open to outside which was nice. 

We decided to have starters instead of desserts, so I went for garlic mushrooms and then courgette and sweetcorn fritters. They were on a bed of carrot salad and red pepper hummus, they were so nice! I had the garlic mushrooms before too, they were really good. Katie went for grilled goats cheese and a chicken pizza. The food is really good, but a little bit expensive. Still I didn't mind because it's ages since I saw Katie. 

I had a coffee afterwards and Katie had a hot chocolate. We sat for ages chatting and it was past 10pm by the time I got home so I just got straight into bed! As it wasn't busy we didn't feel like we were being rushed to leave, which was nice. It meant we just sat chatting about all kinds of things! Katie is one of the funniest people I know, she's hilarious. 

I wouldn't have made this post but I wanted to show off the tights I was wearing. They're Snag Tights fishnet tights in this gorgeous light green colour, which matched the green skirt I was wearing. I haven't worn them before - or any of the fishnet ones - so I was intrigued what they would be like. They fitted me fine, they do come up a bit smaller than the regular tights but were basically fine. They're not exactly true fishnets - between each bits there's more threads between which do mean that they give less of a 'nude' look than you might expect. This is good for me because I hadn't shaved my legs but these were fine and you couldn't tell. You could see my tattoos though which I also like! I have three pairs of these I think so I will definitely be wearing them in the future! I also really like the little hearts scattered all over. 


Green Snag fishmets and my slip on Converse


Garlic mushrooms with sourdough slices


Courgette and sweetcorn fritters - these were vegan!

No comments:

Post a Comment