Thursday, August 31, 2023

Brunch in Todmorden

On the 8th of July I went to Todmorden to meet up with Jade and Ava. I don't think I've mentioned it but I started working for a network of freelance accountants etc last summer. My friend Jade invited me to join and it's meant that I've got more work and more money which is obviously great. Ava mentioned wanting to meet me; she lives in Todmorden so that's about an hour's drive from my house. Jade texted and said they were coming up for the weekend so I thought it would be a good chance for us all to get together. I don't know Jade very well but it was nice to hang out a bit more, and it was lovely to meet Ava for the first time! 

I picked Jade up at 10am and we drove to Ava's and then went to Mr Bean's near Todmorden park. I don't think I've been to Todmorden ever before in my life. The weather was muggy and a bit sunny, so we sat outside at the takeaway bit of the cafe. There were quite a few vegetarian choices, so I went for a veggie breakfast which also came with toast. It was really nice! 

We sat chatting and had another drink, and then went back to Ava's for a bit. I left around 2.30 I think, and my satnav took me a really weird way back (not via Hebden Bridge) but I finally got on the M62 and got home. I was wearing my Star Wars Bohemian Rhapsody t shirt and this black and white checked skirt that I got from the clothes swap in June. I think it's from Asos originally. It's not my usual thing at all but I really like the outfit. 


My breakfast


Ava, Jade, and me, sitting outside 


And here I am when I got home, in my monochrome outfit for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment