Thursday, August 3, 2023

Clothes Swap in Leeds

On the 17th of June we had another clothes swap in Leeds. My aunt was staying with me for the weekend so she came with me and Lee. I wanted to be at the centre for about 11.30 to set up the tables, but traffic from our house to Leeds was absolutely terrible and it was about 11.50 by the time we finally got there. But Chloe had been there early and she had set up the tables which I was really grateful for. We got everything else set up and a few people arrived not long after.

However, it wasn't as well attended as the one in January was. Maybe it was the weather, but we only had about twenty people through the doors, and by 2pm it was extremely quiet. We packed up and Gaby took the leftovers to donate somewhere, which is great! It was nice to see a few people though! I got a bunch of good stuff, I'm looking forward to wearing some of the stuff I picked up!

Lee, Caroline and I popped in at my mum's on the way home because of some paperwork my aunt needed. Then we went into Barnsley for something to eat. There had been a live music thing in the town centre so it was still busy, but we went into the Lounge which wasn't too busy. Caroline and I had a couple of cocktails each and I had the halloumi burger which has hummus and roasted pepper on it too. My cocktails were a cherry bakewell one and a strawberry sling, both of which were delicious. 

We headed home after food but I'm glad we went out! We did quizzes in the evening and had some more wine. I was wearing my hand dyed rainbow top and my flamingo skirt, both of which are two of my favourite pieces of clothing! 


Gaby made these signs for the swap tables. At the last one, in January, some thinner people were taking a lot of bigger clothes and saying how much fabric there was and how they were going to alter all the stuff, and that's not the spirit of the swaps at all. Hopefully these signs helped


Me in the Lounge with my cherry bakewell cocktail. I didn't get any pictures of the swap, I'm sorry!


My burger


Lee with his chocolate sundae


And my second cocktail! This one really was nice

No comments:

Post a Comment