Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Holiday in the Lake District - Day 2

On the first full day of our holiday we went into Keswick. I had done some research into what I wanted to do and remembered the Illusion Museum in Keswick. We visited the area in 2012, staying with my aunt, uncle, and cousins, but I can't remember if we went to the museum then, or earlier, maybe around 2003. We were in Braithwaite when my grandad died - my dad had to rush home as my grandad was ill. Being in Braithwaite really reminded me of all the previous times I'd been, too. I went with my grandma in 1993, too!

Anyway we drove to Keswick and parked, and walked down to the museum. It's really good fun, there's tons to see and I would recommend it especially as it only costs a few pounds per person. From there we went in a couple of charity shops and then walked to Kat's Plant Kitchen. I had researched vegetarian food in the area and this popped up. The menu was quite varied and the food was good, but the service was a bit rubbish. I would recommend it for veggie and vegan friends though! I had a Greek mezze platter which was brilliant. 

We walked round a few more shops in Keswick and went to the Co op and then set off back to Braithwaite. We went to Jasper's in the village for a drink and a piece of cake. Mine was black forest brownie and it was absolutely gorgeous, I really liked it! 

We went back to the leisure complex and played snooker for a bit - we're both quite rubbish at it but it was fun. I took a photo of the pool from the snooker room. I was wearing my yellow Scarlett & Jo skirt and my tie dyed rainbow t-shirt, both of which I love. Lee took this photo in the snooker room before we went down to go swimming. 

For tea we had pasties from a bakery in Keswick, and a potato and leek gratin which was absolutely gorgeous, we will have to make it again soon! 


Looking up the main street in Keswick, it is really a very pretty place


One of the funny mirrors in the illusion museum


I liked this picture


Lee in the sideways room


I love illusion photos like this, too!


The bridge in Keswick, I took this photo from upstairs in Kat's Kitchen


Lee's burger, he enjoyed it


My mezze platter, which was glorious - the hummus was beautiful! 


Coffee and hot chocolate and cake in Jasper's


Playing snooker upstairs


Looking down on the pool


Outfit photo!


And tea, which was so good

No comments:

Post a Comment