Monday, August 14, 2023

Holiday in the Lake District - Day 1

Lee and I went to the Lake Distrist for a week at the end of June/beginning of July. We haven't been to the Lake District in absolutely forever and I quite fancied it. My grandma had this bond thing where you accumulated points and could spend those on holidays, and she always encouraged the rest of the family to use it, so I looked last year. They have properties all over, and I've been to the one in Braithwaite, near Keswick, at least three times before. There are quite a few cottages and flats there, and you have access to the swimming pool, games rooms, libraries etc. My grandma died in January, as you might remember, but my aunt wants to carry on the bond and I look forward to using somewhere else in the future! I had forgotten just quite how high standard the facilities and cottages are. We had a brilliant week and I genuinely had to come home for a rest as we packed so much in! 

We set off on Thursday the 29th of June, took the cats to the cattery, and set off up the A1. We stopped for lunch at Scotch Corner services, and then went across the A66 to Penrith and from there to Keswick. We were a little bit early but were able to check in quite early which was good. We got everything unpacked and relaxed for a bit before going over to the leisure complex. We chose a couple of DVDs from the library (which was good as the TV signal was rubbish, but that was literally my only complaint) and then went swimming. The pool was nice and warm and for most of the week we were the only people in it, or older people would come and swim for about fifteen minutes and then get out again. 

I was wearing this leopard print dress during the day, and then I wore my red swimming costume too. I love it so much! I bought it last summer but as soon as I wore it in France last September some of the straps came undone. I was so annoyed! But my mum resewed them for me so I could take this away on holiday. I wore it the whole week.

Lee made pan haggerty for tea, which he traditionally does on holiday, and we had it with vegetarian sausages (Richmond ones, which are the best ones!). 

I also got two new nighties recently as I needed some thinner summer ones - I've got at least three which are just too thick to wear when it's warm. This one says "squeeze the day" on it which is really cute. It was perfect for the holiday. The weather wasn't too warm the whole time we were there, which is the only thing I would complain about. We had twin beds in the bedroom which were actually fine, it meant we each had a duvet haha. 



The view from our flat - there were three on this landing, and the car parking spaces were underneath. The booking said that there was a 'limited view' from the flat but honestly the views were gorgeous!


This is the living and dining room - the kitchen end was behind me 


This cute artwork was in the flat


Leopard print dess in the bedroom - there was a huge wardrobe which I was really jealous of!


This old Shell thingy has been in Braithwaite since I was like nine years old 


The swimming pool!


Me in my lovely red costume


Just as we were getting out


This map of the Lake District is in the library room. There was a football table which we didn't play on, we really should have!


The view from the living room. I told you it was beautiful! Weirdly Lee's brother and his fiancee had been in Braithwaite just before us


My nails were silver for the week - this is a Barry M polish and it goes on brilliantly


Pan haggerty with sausages and bacon - I had forgotten about the bacon


And finally the print on my new nightie

No comments:

Post a Comment