Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Bradford Zine Fair 2023

On the 23rd of September I headed to Bradford for Bradford Zine Fair. I haven't been to that one before and didn't get a table at first, but then I was on the wait list and a table came free so I snapped it up. Lee would have gone with me but he was really ill - I think it must have been Covid but he wasn't testing positive. Fortunately I don't seem to have caught it which is good because it completely felled him - he was horribly ill. We stayed apart in the house for a while which seems to have helped. 

I was worried about where to park in Bradford and it's historically been terrible, but there's a new shopping centre now - which has some amazing looking restaurants in it so I'll have to go back soon - which has a big and cheap car park, so I parked there and then went across to the library where the fair was being held. I have a suitcase for all my zines and my cash box and it has wheels, so that's fine. I didn't take my leaflet holder because I couldn't have carried that as well as my bag and the suitcase. I had put all my personal stuff into a new bag that I got from TK Maxx recently. It's a Jansport rucksack which was definitely a coveted brand when I was a teenager and I love the hot pink colour! It fitted loads in it - I think I will mainly use it as a gym bag but it will be useful for holidays too. It was only £17 too!

I got into the library and discovered that the lift was broken. There was another in the art gallery, which meets the library on the first floor, but fortunately one of the fest volunteers took my case upstairs for me and I could manage the stairs myself. I took a table in the corner and Chris had the table next to me, which was nice. He lives in Barnsley like me and he's done the artwork for Barnsley Zine Fair which is happening next February, which I'm involved in organising! It's exciting.

The fest was really busy with loads of people throughout the day. I sold quite a lot of zines which was great. I bought some stickers but only one zine! But it's fine, I already have lots of zines. I hope my table looked okay. I saw a bunch of people I knew which was good too. 

I packed up and left just after 4pm and drove home. I bought some sushi on the way back to the car. When I got home Lee was ill so I looked after him for a bit but then had my sushi and watched some TV before an early bedtime. I was wearing my Topsy Curvy rainbow check dress because I knew it would be comfortable for me, and my Barbie capri Snag tights. It wasn't a cold day but I had my cardigan with me too as I wasn't sure whether it would be. 

I'm so glad I got to go to Bradford Zine Fair, it was a good one!


My lovely stall all set up


My new Jansport rucksack, it fits a lot in!


Rainbow check Topsy Curvy dress (with pockets!) and bright pink tights


No comments:

Post a Comment