Sunday, October 22, 2023

Lunch and Drinks in Huddersfield

On the 20th of September I went to Huddersfield to have lunch and a few drinks with my friends Sam, Jac, and Jodie. As I mentioned in my previous post, Sam's mum had died so we wanted to meet up to support her. We met at Bambukat at midday when it opened. We all had Thali - I had paneer, Jodie had vegetable, Sam had prawn and Jac had lamb! We had the full range! I also had some onion bhajis which were really good. We sat in there until about 2pm. 

Then we went just a few doors down to Wetherspoons where we shared a few pitchers of cocktails. (Well, Jodie didn't as she doesn't drink alcohol). I haven't been there in forever and the cocktails aren't brilliant but for the price you can't complain. We stayed until about 4pm and I'm so glad we got to see Sam and make sure she was okay. I also got presents from both Sam and Jac as Jac had been at Comic Con in July and Sam had been in New York with Jodie and they'd brought me stuff back. 

In the evening I went to book club - it was my turn to have chosen the book and I had chosen The Marriage Portrait by Maggie O'Farrell. I really liked the book and I'm glad we read it. It felt like a worthy book to me! We had a nice discussion about it as always. 

As soon as I got home Lee and I got into bed because we were both under the weather. We watched TV for a while before going to sleep early to try and feel better! I was wearing this new dress from Yours (although I got it via Very). It's quite thin material but it's SO nice to wear, it feels really comfy on. I love the colour and pattern and think I'll wear it a lot over the coming months.

I was also wearing these really cute socks that I got from Flying Tiger in Meadowhall when I went recently. They were on sale for like £1 and I love how cute they are!


I LOVE Thali and Bambukat's is particularly good - I've had it before and was happy to have it again. The paneer curry is top right, then Bombay potatoes, then lentil dhal and of course rice, naan, and poppadum. It's so worth it!




Cocktail time! Look we're back drinking blue shit!


Picture of all of us, aww


Here's this lovely dress - it's a bit big at the top but I like that, it sort of billows


And my cute ice cream socks


No comments:

Post a Comment