Monday, October 30, 2023

Suppa Club September

At the end of September Lee and I went to Elsecar Heritage Centre with my mum and stepdad because Suppa Club was on again and I like to go! It's held in the old iron works and it's a bunch of food trucks out the back with plenty of seats inside, and I really like to go! I went to Elsecar at the end of August with my friend Sarah but I never mind going again. 

Lee was still unwell although doing way better than he had been, so my mum and stepdad picked us up which was good as neither of us had to drive. We managed to park easily at Elsecar and then walked through. We started off on the left, going in the shops there - the record shop, the boutique, the shoe shop, craft shop, and the sweet shop. I bought a few bits and treated us all to some sweeties. We went into the crystal shop which hasn't been there very long and which I didn't get chance to look at a few weeks ago when I went, so I was glad to get a good look round. I bought a piece of ruby in fuschite and 

Then we headed to the food trucks. It was about 12.30 by this time so Suppa Club was open. There were plenty of seats inside. Lee and I went out first and we looked at each truck before deciding what we wanted. I went for Japanese from a truck called Yuzu - I had crispy tofu bao bun, katsu fries, and vegetable gyoza. Lee went for chicken shawarma which he really enjoyed. My mum and stepdad went after us - my stepdad got butter chicken poutine and my mum had Argentinian steak. We all enjoyed it! I do like it when we can all choose something different. 

After lunch we went into the antiques centre. My mum and I looked at all the jewellery and my stepdad looked at the tools and Lee looked at all the records. There was a lot of nice jewellery this time and my mum bought me an onyx drop which was just £7, I really like it. She also bought herself three little ebony elephants for £3 each. We both felt she couldn't split them up! 

After we had all looked round the antiques centre we headed to the cafe for a drink and some cake. I don't love that cafe for food as their vegetarian options are rubbish, but cake is nice. I had a hot chocolate and chocolate orange cake which were both really nice! 

Once we had had a drink we came home. Lee was really tired by that point and so was I - I've been a bit under the weather getting used to some new tablets. I had a long nap! I was wearing this Scarlett & Jo dress that I've had forever. I love the blue colour and the vibrant pink colour. I wore my Barbie capri tights underneath too. 


My delicious lunch


You could buy this huge Pegasus in the antiques centre


The little elephants my mum bought


Hot chocolate and cake


And finally my lovely S&J dress!


No comments:

Post a Comment