Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Second Week in September

On the 9th of September Lee went to Bratislava. He's been a couple of times before (he was actually on his way there when my grandma died back in January) because the company he works for is based there and he goes sometimes for team stuff and so on. He flew out on Saturday and came back on the Wednesday so I was by myself (with the cats!) for four days. On the Saturday evening I went to my mum's house and we ordered pizza for tea and sorted out some stuff to do with my birthday party (I will be forty in January). On Sunday I stayed in and mooched around the house by myself all day. I was fine! I think because I've been unwell both my mum and Lee's mam were concerned about me though.

On Monday I went to craft club like I usually do and then my friend Sarah came to meet me there. She and Robyn played in the children's area for a a little bit while I finished up and then we met at Pot House Hamlet for lunch. They only have two vegetarian options on their menu but I do like both of them so it is fine - but you'd be hard pushed as a vegan to get food there. I had falafel and couscous with olive and feta salad and dips, and some of their amazing truffle chips with parmesan. It was so hot that day; Sarah and I were sitting by the door but it still wasn't ideal inside. But never mind, it was nice to catch up!

When we had finished I drove into town to buy a McFlurry because it was so warm and then laid in the airconditioning for a while. The heat really floored me, I think because of my new medication. So I tried to take it easy. 

On Tuesday I went to work and stayed longer than I usually do going through some of the accounts archives and otherwise sorting stuff out. Then I went to pick up my step cousin. She works in Wakefield now really close to where I work. We went into the city centre to Robatory, which is a nice restaurant that feels kind of fancy. I've been before but not for ages so it was nice to go. It was quite busy for a Tuesday teatime too! I had cauliflower wings, sweet potato "burnt ends" and mushroom bao buns. We each had a virgin mojito (as I was driving) and had chocolate brownies which were SO good for dessert. I was absolutely knackered by the time I got home but it was nice to see N for a bit. She was cat sitting for my mum as my mum and stepdad were over in France visiting my godmother. 

On Wednesday Lee arrived home around 9am. He had flown about 6am from Bratislava so he was tired by the time he got home so we just relaxed for a bit and then I had a shower and set off about 12.15 to Bradfield where I was meeting my friend Philippa for lunch. We went to the Old Horns Inn which Pippa suggested but I'm always up for trying somewhere new. I had a vegan chicken burger which had vegan cheez, hash browns and an onion ring also in it - it was huge and so good! It also came with chips which tasted like chip shop chips so they were so good too! I've really been struggling with my appetite since I started taking Prozac a couple of weeks previously to this, so I was trying to be gentle with myself. I did enjoy the burger but didn't eat all of it. 

I was wearing this new dress from Topsy Curvy which I pre ordered and had worn once before. It's so lovely and I love it and it's also really comfy which I needed because I had been stood up for a long time on Tuesday and my body was killing me. Philippa and I sat outside chatting for hours and although the sun came and went it was warm enough. We had dessert around 3pm; we both had this chocolate fudge cake. 

I needed a nap when I got home, I think I'm just generally under the weather and as I'm already chronically ill it's fine if I needed more rest!


Falafel and pita bread and stuff on Monday with Sarah


Virgin mojitos with N on Tuesday


My delicious food - they had a few intriguing vegetarian options!


Triple chocolate brownie and ice cream


These are the sweeties that Lee brought back for me from Bratislava! I am intrigued to try them!


This is the view from the terrace in the pub where we sat to eat - isn't it beautiful? Yorkshire is so beautiful


My amazing and huge burger


Chocolate fudge cake 


And finally my amazing galaxy print dress

No comments:

Post a Comment