Saturday, October 14, 2023

Lunch Out with Chloe and Lolly

At the beginning of September I met up with Chloe and Laura at Meadowhall. We alternate between going to Meadowhall or meeting up in Sheffield so we met at Meadowhall on what was one of the hottest days ever. I was hoping it would be nice and cool inside Meadowhall but maybe the sun was just too strong for the airconditioning! We met at Starbucks at around 10.30 where I had an iced maple something which was really delicious. We went into a few shops - we mooched around Yours, smelt candles in TK Maxx, I BOUGHT candles in Yankee Candlee, and we went in a cute new shop which is a bit like Paperchase called Mooch. We went into Lindt and Kenji - I bought a new bullet journal in Kenji because I find them really good quality for the price. They're just £5 and I think this will be the fourth or fifth I've had from there! I use fountain pens in my journal and they don't bleed through or ghost which for the price is excellent. 

We wandered into the Oasis at about 12.30 and decided to eat at Wagamama - well I suggested it because I like the vegetarian options there. I had what I usually have - Bang Bang Cauliflower and tofu raisukaree. We sat chatting and didn't really feel like we were in the way because it wasn't packed busy. At 2pm Laura left us so Chloe and I wandered into the Dr Marten shop before saying goodbye at the opposite end. I wasn't too late home and then I asked Lee to take me into town. I ended up not being able to do what I wanted to do there, but Lee got a record in the record shop and then we got McFlurrys which was good because it was still really hot.

I recently went back on antidepressants and they were really making me feel a bit weird - a bit dizzy and sick and stuff. The heat didn't help either so once we got home about 4.15 I laid in bed for a while and had a nap. It was one of those naps where when you wake up you don't know who you are or what year it is. But I think I needed it! Chronic illness is often made much worse in the heat and this didn't help either. But I had had a ncie day with Chloe and Laura. 

I was wearing my white dress with spots from Yours but didn't get a full length photo. It's ideal when it's hot though. Underneath I was wearing anti chafe shorts from Better Tights which were ideal too. I also put on a pair of slip on Converse that I got last year I think but haven't worn as much as my black or white ones. You can see they've got a cute floral pattern. They're a bit tighter than my other pairs but they were fine for walking around it so really I'll have to wear them more! 


Cute slip on Converse - these are ideal for me as I can't always bend very well


I've been trying to wear make up more - I really just need a tiny bit of powder and blush and some lipstick and call it done. This lipstick is an Avon one I got recently; it's maybe slightly peachier than it appears in this photo. I was wearing contact lenses too


In Starbucks before Chloe arrived, Laura was on the left of me. I am still wearing lipstick here I promise!


Bang bang cauliflower - it's so spicy and delicious


Tofu curry - it's just so nice! 


And here's all of us at the table

No comments:

Post a Comment