Friday, October 6, 2023

Weekend in Amble - Day 3

It was Lee's birthday on the Monday of our trip. He opened his presents before we got going. I had got him some bath bombs, some chocolate, two records, and a voucher for a spa that I thought it would be nice to visit in the future. He liked all those things! We set off for Alnmouth just before midday and parked on the top and looked at the beach for a bit and then walked through the village a bit. We were expecting it to be bigger and have some shops, though, and it is tiny. So we parked somewhere else and walked down on to the beach. The river comes out there and it's obviously quite tidal, so I think we were actually on the riverbed, but fine. I was wearing my red Saltwater sandals which are made for paddling so I just kept them on. The water was really warm and I walked down a little bit while Lee was still on the sand. 

We left Alnmouth and went into Alnwick, where we managed to park on one of the main streets. Lee bought stotties in a bakery which he was very excited about as you can't buy them in our part of Yorkshire. We wandered round quite a few shops, including a really gorgeous independent bookshop, where I could have spent a lot of money but ended up nothing buying anything. I did buy a book in he Oxfam shop, though. We struggled to find somewhere to eat, especially for vegetarian choices, which was annoying, but we went in a cafe and had paninis and chips each. It was nice enough!

Next we went back to Amble and went to Spurellis again for ice cream. Lee wanted to do it and it was his birthday so he did get to choose! I had chocolate and bubblegum which were both really nice. It started to rain as we were stting there, but we walked round to The Old Boathouse and had a drink. They have outside tables which had a roof, but the rain was coming in sideways so they put the sides down which made it nicer. It was nice to just sit and chat. 

We went back to the house after the drink and watched a couple of films. We had tea later on because we weren't hungry. On the Tuesday we just came home to see the cats, but it was lovely to be away for a few days. On Monday I was wearing my white polka dot dress from Yours - it was perfect in the hot weather. 


Looking out across the beach


Looking up the street in Alnmouth


Look how beautiful it was - people really aren't kidding when they say Northumberland beaches are so beautiful


Looking up the estuary


Paddling! I love these shoes for that


Looking down towards where the river meets the sea


Lee on the beach


Me paddling - I was wearing my Better Tights shorts underneath my dress, you can just see them here


Sitting on a bench. Again I was wearing contact lenses - I think these were from Accessorize


I liked this little alleyway in Alnwick


Cheese, tomato, and chutney panini


Ice cream in Spurellis


And a cocktail for me and a hot chocolate for Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment