Monday, October 2, 2023

Weekend in Amble - Day 1

Lee and I went away from Saturday - Tuesday in August, for his birthday. We had booked to go to Amble absolutely months ago as we've rarely been to Northumberland and wanted to go. We booked Saturday to Tuesday so that it covered Lee's birthday on the Monday. So we set off on Saturday morning and then popped in to Lee's dad's in Chester le Street on the way up. We had lunch there with him and Lee's stepmam so it was nice to see them, and Lee's sister Kim popped in too. We left there around 3pm and drove through the Tyne Tunnel to Amble. I had googled and found there was an ice cream place on the front in Amble so we went there to start with. The ice cream was so nice! I had Honeycomb Crunch and Sweetie Pie. Lee had chocolate and mint and the chocolate ice cream was some of the nicest ice cream we had ever had!

We went to the holiday cottage and got settled in there and watched TV for a bit before going out around 7pm. I had booked us a table at the Fish Shack at 7.30 so we parked nearby and went for a walk on the pier before we went in. Amble is so pretty - really tiny but pretty. I took a bunch of pictures of course. 

We went into the Fish Shack and were sort of squashed into a corner. But the food when it came was fresh and totally delicious. I occasionally do eat fish so I had fish and chips and so did Lee, and we shared some onion rings. I also had a really nice glass of chilled pink wine which was lovely! After we'd eaten we went back to the house and watched a film.

I was wearing my leopard print dress from Boohoo - I still think it's a bit short on me but I'm wearing it anyway as I really like it. I also had a new to me pair of Converse. I bought them recently on Vinted for less than £11 which was a bargain! I love the rainbow tongues! 



New Converse - I took this photo outside our house before we set off to Durham 


In the Tyne Tunnel!


Ice cream at Spurellis - I would recommend it because it was SO nice


On the harbour at Amble


Look at this gorgeous row of beach huts


Our shadows looking down on to the beach


Lee and I 


Me on the pier - I had changed shoes by now to my slip on Converse, just because I had been sitting inside the house for a bit


This water in the harbour was full of people swimming and paddling


I loved the sun over the river coming out here - this is around 7.15pm


Looking down the pier out towards the sea


And the other way too 


My lovely rose wine


And fish and chips and mushy peas! They were all so good


Finally here's the same vista as we left the restaurant

No comments:

Post a Comment