Friday, March 8, 2024

Birthday Party #1

On the 20th of January I had two birthday parties! This is because several of my friends have small children still so wouldn't be able to come out in the evening, but I still wanted to celebrate with them. So I organised two parties! And it was brilliant! Although exhausting!

For the afternoon we had cream tea at the church where I work in Wakefield. The chef there, Frank, did a fabulous array of sandwiches, salads, scones and jam, cakes, tea and coffee. There was also a great spread for the vegans I had coming too! We got there about 11.45 after having picked up one of my cakes, and started setting things up. Nirosha and Jacqui did loads of setting up, which was great, and Lee and I went to pick up my friend Rachael, who also helped to set things up too. 

People started arriving from about 1pm I think. My aunt had done a slideshow of photos throughout my life which we had on the big screens, and I had made a playlist which we had playing through the speakers too. Stacey brought some kids toys and I had bought some of those hypothermia blankets because all the kids seem to absolutely love them and they're cheap! 

So many people came! I think I got photos with lots of them, my uncle took a bunch! I may upload some of those at a later date once I get them from him. I was wearing the same dress that I had worn the night before and people really liked it. 

I cut the Hello Kitty cake that my mum had got for me, and gave people pieces of it as they were leaving. I guess we left about 4.30! It was so nice to see so many people! 


My friend Michelle took this of me and her 2.5 week old baby, who was very well behaved and who was wearing her first party dress especially for me! 


This is Michelle on the left and she took this selfie of me, her, Amy, and Gillian. The four of us went to 6th form together over twenty years ago and are still friends. I count therse three among my very favourite people and I am always glad to see them. They brought their six children between them!


And here's a photo of that as proof! It is so nice to see the friendships building between these girls too, they are all so cute!


This was the crochet themed cake I bought from Cakes By Michelle in Agbrigg. It's chocolate inside and it looked STUNNING. She did so well on the decorations and I was honestly sad to cut this cake up! It was the one left over at the end and we ended up freezing some of it


Here it is with the rainbow cake topper I bought for it. You know me, I love rainbows, so I bought a ton of rainbow themed things off eBay. This was so cute!


Here's a better view of my dress. It came from Maya Deluxe via Simply Be and as I said, we sewed a modesty panel into it but I don't think you could tell! 


Rachael decorated this plain cake that I had got from Sainsburys with more rainbows. She was pleased with her handiwork


Here's the food, wasn't it lush?! I bought the rainbow napkins too, but Frank already had the cake stands and the other napkins


Look at all the cakes! So lovely! I could have bought a bit less but you can never tell I don't think


This is the Hello Kitty cake my mum got for me. It was vanilla with jam inside, my fave!


Here's me and Jodie just as we were starting


And me and Sam, and you can see our beautiful nave too. Everyone who had never been before liked the church


Peter and I, in front of the balloon arch he helped to construct


Here's Nirosha with baby T, he is such a cutie


Here's me and Stacey, one of my oldest friends, and her baby E


At about 5pm a lot of people ended up at my mum's house to get changed and ready for the evening and stuff. I had to laugh that Rob had T and my mum's cat Millie on his knee while everyone else was unencumbered!

No comments:

Post a Comment