Monday, March 11, 2024

Birthday Party #2

In the evening on the Saturday after my birthday we had a party at a rugby club near my mum's house. It was cheap to hire and they got in plenty of drinks that I like, so I really couldn't complain at all. The only problem was it was a bit cold in there, even with the heating on! We got there about 7pm and put up some decorations that we had had at church too. I had another playlist going and a bubble machine and it was all great! Lee sorted out the PA so the music sounded great. People started arriving - some were the same as the afternoon, obviously, but some were different too which was lovely! 

I had got Frank at my work to make pie, mushy peas, and mash for the evening. My uncle and cousins got involved in sorting it out for the evening, which I'm so grateful for. There was chicken and leek pie for the meat eaters, and vegetable curry pie for the vegetarians and vegans. There was plenty of food and it was so delicious, Frank did really well! Everyone enjoyed it! The only thing was it was served a bit later than we would have liked - it was no one's fault, to be clear - and once it was done we cut up cakes and took pieces around for everyone. I thought there might be dancing but we just didn't really get round to it! It was nice to have conversations with everyone, though. I am so glad I saw everyone!

I had a different dress for the evening. It was also from Maya Deluxe, but it was full length and a dark purple colour. I loved it and everyone said it looked nice. It was actually a bit too long but my mum cut it off for me and resewed it. She also resewed a button on the back which had come off. I am hoping to wear this dress again at some kind of event in the future!

On Sunday morning my mum invited anyone who was around to her house for pastries and stuff for breakfast. Quite a few people dropped in. Lee and I left around 1pm and then I went home and slept for a bit because I was absolutely knackered! I had been wearing my red leopard print dress and black cardigan, as well as some new blood red sparkly tights from Snag that my aunt bought me for Christmas. 

I am very blessed to have such lovely friends and family! 


Si took this photo of Lou, Bettie, me and Jen just inside the rugby club. The sign behind us says 'this is not the Super League' at the bottom which is funny


Ceri from my book club took this of me when I was sitting talking to her


Si took this of Lou and Bettie, I think


Nirosha had decorate this cake, too, with artful placement of more ribbons


Jac took this of me, Lucinda, and Sam


And this of me and Lucinda. The lights were a bit of a faff because if we turned more off it was too dark!


Jac took this of us, too!


Si made us go outside into the howling wind to take this photo of me, Lou, Bettie and Jen...


Because he was trying to recreate this photo (above) of us from mine and Lee's vow renewal in 2019! It was totally unrehearsed, the first photo, but we all looked so cute that we thought we would recreate it! I think we did a good job at it


The birthday girl gets a keeeyissss from Lucinda


I took this of us


And si took this I think


Me and Lianne later in the evening


Me and Paul - Paul is one of Lee's oldest friends and we love him


Me and Peter late on in the evening


And me and Rob. My best cousins!


Here's baby T with Lee's mam on the Sunday morning, he was very interested in my new bear


Here's my outfit when we got home


And a close up of the tights. They're cute!


And finally, there was a lot of mashed potato left so Lee and I had it for tea on Sunday - I had it fried with fake bacon!

No comments:

Post a Comment