Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Trip to Edinburgh - Day 3

On the Sunday of my trip to Edinburgh Lucinda made me some breakfast again and then I walked up to the tram stop and got the tram to St Andrew's Square. I walked through the train station to Fruitmarket. I had been able to leave all my stock so it didn't take me very long to get all set up. 

There were fewer people through the doors on Sunday, but still a lot. I will say that people in Scotland were really into asking for trades, and I never say no to trading zines! I came home with loads! On Sunday my friend Het popped in so it was nice to see her. Oh and also, I had met my friend Hannah on Saturday when she popped in for a bit! I've known her online for a while but hadn't ever met her. There were some different people there on Sunday so I did a few rounds of the place too. It was really exciting to me to have a ton of new zinesters to choose from! 

Cinders came back about 4pm and she did another round of stalls too. She helped me pack up at 5pm and then we walked over to Dishoom back on St Andrew's Square. I've been to the one in Manchester and really wanted to go again, so when I saw there was one in Edinburgh I asked Lucinda if she would go with me! We were prepared to queue but actually we got a table straight away. 

We shared a bunch of stuff including the house chaat and the black lentil dhal which is literally so nice. We also had paneer tikka and chole puri, and some raita and naan bread. I had a lychee and rose bellini which was completely delicious. We had food leftover so we took it back with us. We got back to Lucinda's flat at about 7.30 I think, and we sat down in our pyjamas and chilled out for the evening. We had a fascinating conversation about fangirls and fangirling and fanboying with Cinders' partner Linden, which was interesting. 

I was wearing my old purple Scarlett & Jo skirt which you've seen a billion times, but a new t shirt that I got recently off Etsy. It's of Wednesday from the new series which I really loved. I like the t shirt, I think it's really cool! 


All these stickers were on the coffee machine in Fruitmarket and I liked them


Lucinda and I in Dishoom - she looks adorable but I look like I'm not really too sure if I want to be there - but I promise I did!


My lovely bellini


Chaat! It was everything I want chaat to be


Everything else we had - the black lentil dhal is so creamy and delicious (that's on the left on the plate)


Here's my outfit before I put my pyjamas on


Here's what I got at the zine fest on Saturday. I traded some of these, but bought most of them 


And here's what I got on Sunday. Again I traded some but bought a lot too!

No comments:

Post a Comment