Saturday, March 23, 2024

Trip to Edinburgh - Days 1 and 2

In the middle of February I took myself up to Edinburgh to stay with my friend Cinders for a few days. She and I bought tickets to see The Libertines in Leeds a few days later, and then I was offered a table at Edinburgh Zine Fest so I thought I would go up and see Cinders as well. Plus of course I could stay at her flat for free, which was good! As it was half term she wasn't able to take the whole week off, so I knew I would have a few days in Edinburgh by myself which was fine too. We decided to put her on our car insurance so that she and I could share the driving on the way back to mine, which is really helpful for me. So I just had to get there by myself. 

I set off from home about 11.30am. I had some problems with the sound system in the car so I stopepd at Wetherby services and got some lunch there. I then stopped at Lee's brother Andrew's house which is just a bit north of Newcastle at about 2pm. He and his fiancee Libby both work from home so I was able to talk to them both for a bit which was nice. I then carried on up the rest of England and into Scotland. It's a really long way, isn't it? I thought the same last May when we travelled to Edinburgh to see Bruce Springsteen. I finally pulled in to Lucinda's workplace at just before 5pm to pick her up.

We stopped at Lidl on the way back to her flat and then I met her flatmate Cez. They also live with Lucinda's partner Linden, who I have met before but very briefly. We had freezer food for tea which was nice, and then watched TV and relaxed. 

On Saturday we were up early and Cinders made me some breakfast, and then she came with me to the zine fair. We got the tram to St Andrews Square, and walked through Waverley station to get to the Fruitmarket. I had a corner stall and was sharing a table with Chris, from Barnsley, who I had seen just the week before at Barnsley Zine Fair! There were tons of people there which was nice. Lucinda popped out to get her eyes tested and she brought me back some lunch which was nice of her. She then left again to get her hair cut, and popped back in briefly at about 4pm. The fest didn't end until 6pm and those last couple of hours felt longgggg. Cinders left me to cook, so at 6pm I could thankfully leave all my stock at the fest for the next day, so I just took my cash box back with me in my bag. I did the journey in reverse and managed to get myself back to Lucinda's flat without too much trouble!

She made a tofu and aubergine chilli type of thing, and then some rice, which was nice. I cross stitched a bit and we watched some more TV. I was so tired though so I think we all had an early night! I was wearing a new t shirt that I bought at Meadowhall just a couple of weeks previously from one of the little shops in The Lanes. It says Black Cat Club on it and I love it because I love my little black cats! I wore it with my rose skirt that used to be a dress, and new grey footless tights from Snag. I do love my footless tights, especially as the weather gets a bit warmer because I really hate having stuff on my feet! 

It was a good first day and a bit in Scotland! 


I stopped for two seconds to take this photo just as I went into Scotland


My table set up at the fest


Is this not the fanciest water fountain you've ever seen? It was in the Fruitmarket cafe


And this neon artwork was just outside the fest space


Here's my outfit when Cinders and I got back to her flat


And here's my footless tights and these boots - they were from Pavers a while ago and they're really comfy and cute

No comments:

Post a Comment