Friday, March 15, 2024

Lunch Out and A Gig

On the last Sunday of January Lee and I went out for lunch! We had a voucher from his brother from Christmas so thought we would use it by going to Yo Sushi for lunch. I used to love it there but since Covid it's really gone downhill and I have to say it still isn't now brilliant. We booked a table for 12.30 and we got to Meadowhall a little bit before twelve so we went in a few shops first. I had a voucher for a free box of Lindt chocolates because it had been my birthday, which was cool. We went into HMV and a couple of other places before heading up to Yo Sushi. We sat at a table not the bar. You have to order hot food and all drinks via the app, so we did that. There wasn't a lot of choice on the belt, especially veggie choices, so we ended up ordering some of that on the app too. Service was slow and a bit rubbish - we had to ask for some stuff twice, and even though you're near to staff it's nearly impossible to get hold of anyone. Annoying!

However, I will say that the vegetarian options have improved in the last few months. I had fake chicken katsu and fake steak teriyaki, both of which were delicious. Lee had fries and some Korean fried chicken, and we shared some avocado maki. We did enjoy it, but... But I will also say that Yo Sushi is moving in Meadowhall and is going to be on the outskirts of the Oasis in a much bigger place. Hopefully this will rectify a few of the problems!

After lunch we went into a few more shops. We both had Christmas money to spend so bought a few things. I got a new t shirt in one of the alternative shops in The Lanes, some wax melts in Yankee Candle, some stickers, and some birthday presents for Sarah from an indie shop selling things made in Sheffield. I love that type of stuff and I'm really glad that shop is there and hope it does really well! 

We got home around 3pm and chilled out for a bit before I headed out again at 5.45. I had a ticket to see Rowan Rheingans at Hyde Park Book Club in Leeds. I've seen her before as one of Lady Maisery and she's incredibly talented so I thought I would go along. I've never been to that venue before but it's really nice and the menu was great so I would like to go back and eat there. I bought a cup of coffee and headed downstairs to where the folk club is. The doors were at 6.30 but a little bit before that someone from the venue spotted my walking stick so told me I could go in and get a seat. This is brilliant for me and so accessible and I'm really appreciative of it! I sat on the second row and watched the support act, Rosie Brownhill, do her sound check, which was nice. She and I had a nice conversation too!

Rosie was really good and I would definitely see her again. She was instrumental and had a great thing called a chord organ which made a great deep noise while she played something else. I liked her tin whistle stuff! She was an excellent support act.

Rowan came on just after 8pm and played until about 9.20pm. I've seen her a few times with Lady Maisery and always enjoyed myself and this time was no different. She sounded so good and she is so talented. The whole vibe was really relaxed and I had a good view. I would definitely go back to the folk night! 

Because it finished so early I was home and eating toast in bed by 10.25! I bought a vinyl from Rowan too which I'm looking forward to listening to. I was also able to park right on a nearby road which is ideal for me too.

I was wearing a new jumper from Snag! I put it on my wishlist for my birthday and my aunt and uncle bought it for me! It's covered in strawberries and cherries and it's so warm and cuddly. It is meant to be oversized but I could probably have sized down. But no matter, like this it's enough to be worn as a cxoat, which I did indeed do. Underneath I had my 'Cheers Queers' t shirt and this skirt that used to be a dress that my friend gave me. I love it, it's quite thick and wintry so perfect for January. It was cold in the venue so I kept my jumper on. 

It was a lovely day!


This cute Sheffield mural is in Meadowhall and I liked it


Lee and I in Yo Sushi. This end of Meadowhall is being renovated as it's been pretty crap since Debenhams left a few years ago, and it really needs it


Fake chicken katsu, it was nice


Fake steak teriyaki, it was really nicely flavoured!


Veggie sushi - it was only okay - I would just have the inari pockets in the future


Me in my ridiculous strawberry and cherry jumper and alpine skirt


Rosie Brownhill in her support set


Rowan playing her banjo


And here she is playing two fiddles at the same time which is quite an achievement!


Here's the vinyl I bought

No comments:

Post a Comment