Sunday, April 14, 2024

Films of the Month - February

February was an incredibly busy month for me so I didn't have a lot of down time to watch films. But I did manage to watch twelve films and they were a pretty good set, too! Here's what I saw:


I had been seeing hype about Good Grief, Dan Levy's new film, and also a lot of criticism of it too, so I was intrigued enough to watch it. The main cast are all really good, but it isn't brilliant. An odd one


I wanted to watch Heath Ledger so I watched The Dark Knight. I have seen it before but not for ages, so I enjoyed it 


Lee and I watched The Whole Nine Yards, it's one of our favourite ridiculous films and it seemed appropriate since Matthew Perry is no longer with us and Bruce Willis is unwell. It's very funny if you haven't seen it


I finally watched Oppenheimer because I really wanted to see it but I knew it was going to be a lot. And it really was. I watched it in two separate parts which helped I think. Cillian is great. I have read some criticism of it and I think a lot of it is valid. I'm glad I watched it but I'll probably never watch it again


This came up recommended to me on iplayer so I gave it a go. It's from 1949 so one of those classic Hollywood type of films. I liked it, I would recommend it if you like classic old films


Netflix recommend Poms to me - it's about seniors living at a residential community thing who decide they want to be cheerleaders. It's cute, funny, it passed some time for me. Diane Keaton is great


It was a cosy Sunday afternoon so I watched one of my faovurite cosy Sunday afternoon films. I really want to watch the TV show, too - I started it but tailed off so I need to watch it properly from the beginning


I can't remember where I came across this film, but I like Timothy Spall so I gave it a go. It's about a group of people who hate flying and who are undertaking a course to try to get over their fears. They end up stranded in Iceland. It's pretty quirky and fun


Lee and I watched Wayne's World together which is another of the ridiculous films that we both love despite ourselves. I suspect we will watch the second one soon too


I was reading about this film, about Emily Bronte, somewhere, and thought it would be good to watch. I really like Emma Mackay too, she's really good in it. I'm not sure it's the best thing ever written about Emily, but I did like it. Plus of course Haworth always looks beautiful


I've seen the first few series of The Sopranos so I was intrigued by this prequel film, about Tony Soprano's early life. It's really good, I would recommnd it


Finally, on Leap Day, the very last day of February which doesn't usually exist, I watched Crossroads, because it was on Netflix and I like Britney. It isn't the most amazing film in the world but it was cute and funny 

No comments:

Post a Comment