Thursday, April 11, 2024

Lunch at Slattery with Amy

On the eleventh of April I headed across to Manchester to meet up at Slattery's Patisserie with my friend Amy. She first took me there over a decade ago and we still love to go, so we booked it. I set off nice and early because I can never be sure of the traffic to Manchester, but then I ended up getting there about 11.30 and I managed to get a space in the tiny car park too. Lee had asked me to take him home some bread and some chocolate fudge cake, so I went into the shop first to get those. I also got a little vanilla sponge cake with icing. They're thirteen pounds each so not super cheap, but I was tempted last time I went so decided to get one this time. I had some for tea and it was delicious! I'm glad I bought it. 

I headed upstairs and sat for a little bit in the waiting area because I was a little bit early. Our table was booked for twelve so I went in for then and Amy arrived not long after me. The food at Slatterys is amazing but they don't have a ton of vegetarian choices, so I end up usually getting the same thing. I had the doorstep rarebit with garlic mushrooms on top, and a hot chocolate which is my fave. I genuinely did waver on what to have for pudding but went with the marshmallow and strawberry dippers. I only ate half so I brought the rest home!

Amy needed to leave at about 2.30 so we said goodbye and then I drove home. I went and came back on the M62 even though I hate it because it was quicker. Our new car is a joy to drive though so that's one thing! I was wearing my rainbow tartan dress because I wanted to wear something bright. I was also wearing teal footless tights from Snag and these gorgeous patent boots. It really wasn't boot weather by then - it was twenty degrees when I was driving back - but they're so pretty that I will eke them out a bit longer!

Amy is currently expecting her third child, due in just a few weeks!


My delicious hot chocolate - it's melted chocolate and hot milk and you have to stir it to make it delicious!


Rarebit with garlic mushrooms - amazing


Here's Amy and I. We have known each other since we were sixteen, when we met at sixth form in Huddersfield! She is one of my favourite people


My amazing chocolate dipper dessert


My tights and boots when I got home


And here's my rainbow dress - it's so comfy but so bright

No comments:

Post a Comment