Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Trip to Edinburgh - Day 6

So Wednesday was my last day in Edinburgh. Lucinda was at work but we were travelling back down to my house so she had packed the night before and we had put a bunch of stuff into my car so that I had less to do by myself (I find packing a car really difficult and painful, so this was really helpful). I left the flat at about 11am and got the tram to Haymarket. I was meeting my friend Zoe for lunch! But I was really early so I found a cafe to sit in for a while. 

I had a hot chocolate which was delicious and then a chai latte which was NOT great, sadly. I read my book for a while and then set off for Fava where I was meeting Zoe. She works near there so was able to meet me for lunch. We have known each other online for about twenty years but had never met in person! We met on Xanga! We had some friends in common. We lost touch for a couple of years but then a mutual friend died and she got back in touch with me. It's weird how friendships happen! It was really nice to meet her! 

She had suggested a Greek restaurant that she had wanted to try so we went there. I love Greek food and they generally have delicious vegetarian food so that was fine. We shared a platter of different bits - falafel, hummus, roasted vegetables, dips, pitta bread, all of that good stuff. Then we added some feta with olive oil. It was all so nice! I like sharing those platters because then I don't have to make a choice! 

We said goodbye at about 2pm and then I walked round to a couple of shops near West End tram stop. I went into a fancy gift shop but didn't buy anything, and then into Fopp to look at records. I had noticed it on my way past on the tram so wanted to go in. I didn't actually buy anything though. 

By this time it was about 3pm so I got back on the tram and got off at Lucinda's stop. I sat in her flat for about twenty minutes, reading twitter, and then I packed up the last of my stuff and left Lucinda's flat just after 4pm. I drove to her workplace to pick her up, at about 5pm. I got stuck in some traffic getting out of Edinburgh which wasn't a surprise. But I was there in time for Lucinda, with the car filled up with fuel, too!

We set off down the A1. It's so boring! There's just nothing there! And it was dark. We were listening to music and chatting though so it was fine. About 7pm my body was killing me, so we stopped to go to the loo and bought sandwiches and swapped drivers. Putting Lucinda on our insurance was really helpful and she did brilliant! My sandwich was disappointing but never mind. We got back to my house about 9.45pm I think. So not too bad! We didn't run into any traffic thankfully. 

I got straight into bed and Lee and Lucinda both sat on the bed and talked to me. I was so glad to be home but it had been a very long day!


I went past this war memorial near Haymarket station which I liked


Greek platter - oh yes it had courgette fries on it as well which were delicious! 


And the feta, I do love feta


And another picture of a pretty crescent near where I got back on the tram

No comments:

Post a Comment