Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Trip to the Theatre

On the 27th of March I headed to Sheffield to go to the theatre! And it turned out to be World Theatre Day too, which I didn't know before I went! You may remember that last summer I went to the relaxed performance of Miss Saigon at The Crucible in Sheffield, and I really enjoyed it. Tickets were only fifteen quid, which is nothing, and the 'relaxed' bit was totally fine. So I've been keeping my eye on the same types of performance, and a little bit ago I noticed they had one of The Crucible, also for fifteen quid. So I booked it. I liked the meta idea of seeing The Crucible at The Crucible! I didn't mind going by myself, either.

I worked in the morning and left for Sheffield at about 11.30. I parked and then walked up to Norfolk Row where I got my permanent bracelet done just a couple of weeks before as I wanted it to be made a bit smaller. She did it straight away which was brilliant. Then I went to Marmadukes to chance my arm for lunch. It is small and busy but also so nice, and I only had to wait a few minutes before I got a table. As I was in a bit of a rush I asked for the veggie sandwich, but they had run out. Some of the other veggie stuff would take longer to make, so I went for the eggs royale, instead, with smoked salmon. I do occasionally eat fish and I absolutely love smoked salmon so I thought I would. I had a hot chocolate alongside with cream and marshmallows which was really nice. I quickly paid and left so that I could go and get my seat in the theatre!

I was right on the front row, totally in the middle, so close to the action! It was amazing. The play was excellent. I sort of knew the story but I've never seen it before so it was all quite new to me. Everyone was really good, the girl who was playing Abigail Williams especially. It was really minimally staged but done so brilliantly. I was really pleased I went. 

It finished about 4.20 and I drove home! It is very civilised to take myself out to the theatre during the day; it's a nice treat for myself. And I do love theatre and like to see it often. One of my goals on my forty one before forty one list was to go to the theatre four times and I had already achieved that by the end of March!


Delicious eggs royale on a muffin


The sign outside the theatre. I'll be back there in April and May to watch the snooker!


And the staging inside before it started

No comments:

Post a Comment