Friday, April 19, 2024

Mother's Day 2024

My mum and stepdad had been away in Gran Canaria for a week, but got back on the 9th of March, just in time for Mother's Day. I had had a bit of a busy week and on the Saturday Lee and I went and bought a new mattress which was thrilling as you can imagine, and then I went to my friend Sarah's in the evening to hang out with her. Lee booked for the four of us to go to Fox House Inn near Holmfirth on Mother's Day. Lee and I went just before Christmas and it's really nice homecooked food so we thought it would be nice for all of us. 

On Sunday morning I had a shower and scrubbed and shaved myself too, it was about time and I really needed it. Then we sorted some stuff out in the bedroom and got it nice and tidy before we set off. We arrived about 1.20 and my mum and stepdad weren't far behind us. 

My stepdad said he would drive them home so my mum and I ordered a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc to share, which was lovely. We had also already decided that we would share a starter and a pudding because the portions are big and my mum and I couldn't have managed all those courses. So we shared garlic mushrooms, Lee and my stepdad had Yorkshire puddings (which are worth the trip to the pub by themselves). Then I had veggie carvery which was just the vegetables and Yorkshire pudding, and delicious, but not TOO much! My mum had the seniors carvery which was similar in size to mine and likewise it was a good amount of food for her. My stepdad had meat and potato ale pie and Lee had garlic chicken supreme. It is all homecooked and delicious food and just so nice. 

Lee had chocolate sponge for pudding, my stepdad didn't have one, and my mum and I shared some ice cream. It was honestly so nice, it's such a nice pub and feels like a bit of a luxury but the prices aren't stupid.

We left about 4pm and my mum and stepdad came back to ours for a couple of hours, so that they could see the cats and stuff because I'm not sure they've seen them since Christmas! My mum and I shared a bottle of English sparkling wine that Lee's mam and stepdad bought me for my birthday. It was really nice!

After they went home I just relaxed for the rest of the night which was nice. I had been wearing a Hell Bunny dress that I bought off Georgina Grogan/She Might Be Loved recently. I love the pattern on it, but I knew it was going to be too low necked on me. But I also knew it would most likely look fine with a tank top underneath. And it does! My mum couldn't tell that it wasn't supposed to have the black bit there. I love the dress and I think I'll be wearing it a lot. 

I was also wearing my teal blue footless tights from Snag, as I love the colour of them and they match the dress, and a pair of Converse that my mum bought me for Christmas. They're off Vinted so didn't cost her very much, and I love the sparkles on them! I haven't worn them before but they're really comfortable so I'll definitely be wearing them again soon!


Here's this lovely dress! Up close it's herons and roses and stuff and is just really lovely. I am so glad I got this from Georgina!


Teal footless tights and second hand Converse with a sparkly bit at the heel


I even put some make up on! Here I am i nthe car when we set off. My necklace says I Am I Am I Am which is from a Sylvia Plath poem. My friend Stacey bought me this for my birthday and this was the first time I had worn it. The lipstick is a Models Own one and I love the coral colour, it really brightens my face. You can also see all my greys in my hair in this photo, which is fine


Garlic mushrooms and brown bread - I would have struggled to eat all this myself but it was nice


Here's all four of us when starters arrived


Lee's Yorkshire puddings, honestly I could eat these right now


My veggie carvery - they did have a nut roast but I honestly thought this was more than aedquate for me. I say this not to judge anyone else's food choices but because I know my personal limits


And finally the English sparkling wine that I had, it was nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment