Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Hamilton with Friends in Manchester

On Friday the 16th of February I went to Manchester to see Hamilton with Sam, Jacqui, and Jodie! I had seen it was coming to Manchester and wanted to go, so they said they would buy me the ticket for my fortieth birthday and pay for us to stay over too. I was excited to see Hamilton and my friend Michelle told me to listen to the music first so I had been doing that for a few weeks beforehand and I think it did really help. I was familiar with some of the songs and I liked some of them already!

So, I took Lucinda to Wakefield to get on the train back to Edinburgh after our gigs, and then I went home where I had a blissful couple of hours by myself to just relax for a little bit. Then Lee took me to our village train station and I got the train to Huddersfield, where I met up with Sam and Jodie. We got the train across to Manchester Piccadilly and then met up with Jac. THEN we walked just down to the aparthotel where we were staying. By this time it was about 4pm so we just chilled out for a bit. Then we got ready for the evening and left the apartment at about 5.30. We had booked to go to Bundobust for tea (my choice, and somewhere I love!) and we thought it was about a fifteen minute walk away. But we went the wrong way and ended up walking for about 35 minutes! We went really round the houses. But thankfully we got to Bundobust at about 6.05 and got our seats.

We ordered a bunch of food and decided to share it all. It was so delicious - we had the chaat which I usually get but it was nice to taste the dhal and some other stuff too. I also had a lemony lemonade which was nice.

About 7pm we walked just next door to the Palace theatre. Jac and I got merch - I got a shot glass, a pin, and a t shirt! I love them all so much. I really enjoyed the show, too. It is really engrossing and every single person was so good. I really liked the backing dancers because they were so good and they moved all the set stuff around really well. I would definitely see it again in a couple of years or so. 

We went back to the apartment (via a much shorter route this time) and then hung out for a bit in our pyjamas before going to bed. I was awake for a bit in the night so I read for a bit then went back to sleep before getting up at 9.20. We left the apartment at about 10am and walked to The Pen and Pencil for brunch. I had a hot chocolate which was delicious, and avocado on sourdough with feta, poached eggs, and sun blushed tomatoes. Sam also gave me one of her vegan sausages and some of her halloumi, which I was only too happy to eat! It was all delicious.

We then said goodbye to Jacqui and me, Sam and Jodie went back to Piccadilly station. Unfortunately there was a rail replacement coach but fortunately it wasn't too full so we got a seat each and barely spoke to each other haha. I was reading and listening to some music and soon we were back in Huddersfield where Lee picked me up. I got home and went to bed for a couple of hours because it had been a hell of a week! Lots of fun, of course, but exhausting for me and my chronic illnesses!


Sam's photo of the wall as you go into Bundobust


Jac and me - you can see I was wearing my galaxy print dress, and Jac looked lovely in this new tartan print dress


Jodie and Sam - Sam's dress was amazing too!


Here's all four of us


Alllll the food, so good!


Outside the theatre


A poster just outside


And one inside too. I liked Eliza Schuyler a lot


Finally we were in the room where it happens!


This was the set just before it started


All of us in the theatre - the woman next to me does not look too happy!

We had ice cream and drinks in the interval which were nice


My hot chocolate for brunch


And my brunch! It didn't look huge but there was a lot of feta!


I took this of all four of us, it was quite hard to get us all in though


Here's all the merch I got. Sam gave us all the tiny badges - mine says "young, scrappy and hungry"


In the evening I opened a bottle of prosecco that I had got for my birthday and enjoyed some of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment