Sunday, May 21, 2023

Easter Saturday in Leeds with Lee

We had planned to do nothing on Easter Saturday, just to stay around the house and get some jobs done. But then Lee was browsing his phone about 10am and saw an advert for a record fair in Kirkgate Market in Leeds, and asked if I wanted to go. Lee rarely asks me to do something like this - we usually go along with my plans - and I know he likes records so I agreed. I had a quick shower and we set off. We parked really near the market and walked in from the bottom.

There were TONS of stalls. At the very first one I got Meat Loaf's Bat Out Of Hell for £10 which was exciting. At another stall there were tons of albums for £3 each so I picked up six there including Loretta Lynn and Tammy Wynette which is very exciting to me as I love some country music and country women in particular. I then wavered over a Kate and Anna McGarrigle album but decided to go back for it later.

We walked all the way round and then I sat for a bit while Lee looked at more stuff. I told him to not rush and have fun as I was really fine sitting down. We got some lunch after that. Part of the market has a ton of street food stalls and it was hard to decide what I wanted as the vegetarian options were brilliant, but I decided on Manjit's Kitchen. I've only had food from there once, in lockdown, when Lee and I were headed to the outdoor cinema in Bradford and picked up some food on the way. So I was excited to try some other stuff from them. I went for onion bhajis and a vadu pav which I haven't had before but I've heard of it. It's mashed potato and spices deep fried and served like a  burger. It was completely gorgeous and I'd eat it again. Lee went for jerk chicken with rice and gravy which he really enjoyed.

We looked at a couple more stalls and then I bought us some hot chocolate for the drive home. We bumped into a friend of Lee's too. 

When we got home we made some Easter nests with chocolate and cornflakes, it's tradition isn't it! I was wearing this Yours dress - it's a summer dress but it really felt like spring had sprung so I wanted to wear it. I put this New Look jumper over the top as I usually do. I did still have tights and boots on though!

It was an unexpected trip out but I really enjoyed it and I'm glad we bothered to go! 


This lovely mural is just outside the market


Where I got food from - there's tons of tables and these cute brightly coloured chairs


My food - so delicious!


Lee's food


I liked the wall of singles this person had behind their stall


Here's what I got!


And here's what Lee got, the one on the top left is really good


Lovely summer dress and jumper


And here's some of the Easter nests we made

No comments:

Post a Comment