Saturday, May 13, 2023

Films of the Month - March

I did better with films in March, which pleased me. I watched thirteen films, five of which I watched with Lee while we were in Withernsea for the weekend. We also went to the cinema! I don't love the cinema so don't go often, but I do like to go with Lee and in this case I'm really glad we bothered to go. Here's what I saw in March:


I saw Moxie when it first came out because I had read the book and also because I like zines, and I liked it, so when I saw it was still on Netflix I watched it again. It's a cute teen film


I say this every time I watch Grease 2 but it is underrated in my opinion. It's worth a watch if you haven't seen it


My friend Chloe had recommended this to me. I like John Cusack but I've never seen a lot of his films, so I tried this. I liked it!


This film, about the pilot who landed a plane on the Hudson river when both engines failed shortly after take off, is really good. I'm not a huge fan of Tom Hanks but I do like it when he plays serious characters. I really enjoyed this


Lee and I went to the cinema to see Scream VI because we're big fans of the franchise. It's really good, it's a really worthy addition and it did a lot with the genre. The two women playing the main two characters are really good. It did make us realise we had forgotten what happened in Scream 4 and Scream 5, so we will go back and rewatch those


Someone recommended An Irish Goodbye and it did really well on awards, so when I saw it was on iPlayer I gave it a go. It's a short, 30 minute film, and it's very well done, I would recommend it


Scream 2 was the first film we watched while we were away because as I said we wanted to catch up with the whole franchise. I think Courtney Cox has never looked better than she did in this film


We followed that up the next day with Scream 3, which we also like


Then we watched the documentary White Riot, which is about the people who founded Rock Against Racism in the late 70s. It's really interesting and featured some fab people although not Mick Jones, and I was expecting him as he's been really involved with the movement over the years!


On the Sunday of our weekend away we watched Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs because it was on the TV. Lee usually takes his laptop and connects it to the TV so we can watch stuff on it, but he wanted to play a game on his laptop so we watched this. I didn't think it was brilliant, but it was okay


Later that same evening we watched Say Anything which is of course a Cusack classic. It's ages since I saw it but I love it a lot


I watched Pamela, A Love Story because it was on Netflix and because I was interested after I learnt that Pamela Anderson didn't want the TV show Pam & Tommy to be made. This is SUCH a good film - it was so interesting to learn so much about her and her life and work. She spoke very eloquently about how she felt when the sex tape was leaked and how she's coped with it since. She's clearly very self aware and it is so interesting. Highly recommend


Finally, I've been meaning to get around to the Banshees of Inisherin for ages so I'm glad I finally did, on the very last day of March. I'm not usually a fan of Colin Farrell but I loved him in this. I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment