Thursday, May 25, 2023

Lunch with Michelle and Tea with Paul and Lianne

I had a busy day on the 12th of April because I had arranged to meet my friend Michelle for lunch and then mine and Lee's friends Paul and Lianne said they were coming down so could we meet up. I didn't want to cancel seeing Michelle because I haven't seen her since before Christmas, so we decided Lee would finish work a couple of hours early and we would meet Paul and Lianne for tea. We also then decided to go to my mum's for a bit so she and my stepdad could see Paul and Lianne as they always like that. 

I left the house about 11am and drove to Jct 27, where the Ikea is. I went for a coffee at Starbucks first as I was reading a book that was annoying me and I wanted to get a bit further with it. I then went over to Chiquito for about midday and Michelle arrived soon after.

I quite like Chiquito because even though it's a chain the food is always decent and I know they have lots of vegetarian and vegan options. Michelle and I both went for nachos which were lovely, I really enjoyed mine. We chatted about all kinds of things including birth and death! No trite conversations for us! I got home about 3.15 and Lee and I set straight out to my mum's. 

Paul and Lianne arrived not too long after. They had been at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park and were staying overnight. We stayed at my mum's until after 6pm just chatting. Then I headed into Wakefield with Lianne so I could show her the way to the restaurant, and Paul went with Lee so they could chat and Lee could get some petrol on the way. Lianne is a really nice person - I don't know her super well but it's always nice to chat with her!

We had decided to go to Syhiba, which is an Indian restaurant in Wakefield where Lee and my mum and stepdad and I went on my dad's birthday in January, which I blogged about. I had remembered they had tons of vegetarian and vegan options (Paul and Lianne are both vegan) and they have an early bird special which is cheap. I had paneer pakora and then potato and cauliflower curry, both of which were so delicious. I would really recommend the place!

We said goodbye around 9pm, so when Lee and I got home we just got into bed and watched TV in bed. I finished my annoying book! It was Orlando by Virginia Woolf and I did enjoy it but I don't read many classics and I found the language too flowery by far! 

I was wearing my Libertines t shirt, my flamingo skirt, and my leopard print cardigan, which is such a ridiculous piece of clothing but it always gets loads of comments! 


My nachos. I didn't get photos of my tea but believe me when I say it was nice


Me and Michelle


Me and Lee and Paul and Lianne. The restaurant was really quite busy for a random Wednesday night, I'm glad they could fit us in!


And finally my outfit

No comments:

Post a Comment