Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Topsy Curvy Ten Years Event in Hyde

On the 1st of April I headed across to Hyde to the Ten Years of Topsy Curvy party. I had heard about it on social media and decided to go. The ticket price was only £20 and some of this went towards a charity that Topsy Curvy supports which is pretty good! I had at first thought that the event was in central Manchester so I asked Lee to take me and then for him to go to the cinema or something, but then I realised it was in Hyde. I live to the west of Barnsley so it's really easy for me to get on Woodhead Pass, which Hyde is basically the other end of, so I knew it was a drive I could easily do by myself. 

I got to Oaklands Hall about 6.15 and did my lipstick in the car. It's a Lancome one, I wore it for our vow renewal and really love the colour of it. I was wearing this Scarlett & Jo dress that I bought on Vinted. It fits me really well, but the top showed too much bra - but fortunately Lolly gave me a black vest top to wear underneath it and with that it was perfect! I wore my star print Snag tights and black Dr Marten shoes too.

I went into the event at about 6.30 and got my goodie bag and then had my photo taken on the red carpet which was lovely. I sat down with some people and we talked to Jo from Topsy Curvy for a bit which was nice. I knew that Debz was going to the event but Jo told me Lucia was coming too, so I was pleased about that and looking forward to seeing both of them as it's been forever. 

Jo and Nat welcomed everyone to the event about 8pm and talked a bit about the business and about Noah's A.R.T, the charity they support. Then there was a catwalk event which was so much fun, there were some lovely dresses and I wanted all of them! The buffet was at 9pm - as a vegetarian I had to tell a member of staff I was veggie and they brought out a plate for me. It was all really nice food and I liked it a lot! After the buffet some karaoke started - the DJ was pretty good actually and the singers were all good. I went over to talk to Debz and Lucia. 

The raffle was drawn at 10.30 and I won a £25 voucher for Topsy Curvy which is a great prize - can't wait to spend it and get something nice from the website! After the raffle I said my goodbyes and set off home; I got home about 11.45 which was good! I'm really glad I made the effort to go. 


Scarlett & Jo black and red dress, just before I set off out so my hair was still wet haha 


In the car waiting to go in


The tables looked really lovely all set up


Jo and Nat talking about the business and what it means to them


All the catwalk models - I really like that sweetie dress in front


Me and Debz as I was leaving, I took this one


Debz took this one, with flash, but you can see how my lipstick had worn off by this point hah


Lucia and me - I love Lucia's dress!


All three of us looking gorgeous


And finally here's what was in my goodie bag, plus there was a bunch of % off from the businesses involved - I need to have a look through the websites. I got three wax melts which is lovely as I love them!


No comments:

Post a Comment