Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Good Friday with the Family

Good Friday this year happened to fall on my grandma's 93rd birthday, so my aunt, uncle and cousins had arranged to come up for the weekend. We asked her where she wanted to go and she chose The Reindeer Inn at Overton near Wakefield, So all ten of us met there at 6.45 on Friday.

We've been before, a few years ago one Mother's Day. It's just above the National Coal Mining Museum so you get a lovely view out, which my grandma had remembered. We all gave her money because she wanted a new bench for her garden, which my stepdad had put up for her.

The food is really nice, home cooked with generous portions, and staff are really friendly. The menu doesn't have many veggie choices but fortunately the specials board did. I had garlic mushrooms to start and then sweet potato and chickpea curry with chips. I was too full for dessert! Everyone enjoyed their food.

I wore this Scarlett & Jo "skirt" - you may remember that it was a dress, one which I wore quite often as I loved it. Well the top had gone really bobbly, so I just cut it away from the elastic. It doesn't look perfect on the inside, but no one can see it there, so I don't really care. I'm excited to keep wearing the skirt as I love the pattern, and I'm happy I can wear white tops and others with it now! I pulled out this Simply Be t-shirt I've worn a few times. It's so soft and comfortable.

I decided to go dramatic with my lipstick and wore this dark purple Model's Own lipstick that I don't think I've worn before. I had barely any other make up on and I loved it!

Finally when we were all sitting at the table I made everyone go round taking selfies, it's my new favourite method of taking photos because it means you get everyone. My uncle said he really liked it too! It was a lovely evening with lots of rosé wine!


My nails were painted in Illamasqua Nomad which is this gorgeous mint green, I love it


Purple lipstick selfie in the car on our way


Me and Lee. Lee has very sensitive eyes so kept his sunglasses on in the bright conservatory


Lee and my grandma


Me grandma and Caroline


Caroline and Neil


Neil and my mum 


My mum and stepdad


Norman and Beth


Beth and Rob, this is a lovely photo


Rob and Peter - it's not often you see them in the same photo!


Peter - my favourite - and me


And my outfit when we got home!

No comments:

Post a Comment