Thursday, August 8, 2024

Father's Day 2024

On Father's Day in the middle of June Lee and I went to Yorkshire Sculpture Park to meet up with my mum and stepdad. Last year, when my dad would have been seventy, my mum and I paid for his name to be put on the new Walk of Art outside The Weston at the sculpture park. The original ones are up by the main building and apparently my grandma's name is on there, although I don't remember ever seeing it. This one is in a different place and we had to wait almost a year for it to be done. But finally it was, so we wanted to go see it. 

We met about 1.15 and had lunch first. The menu at the Weston isn't huge and there isn't a ton of vegetarian choices, so I had eggs royale and thoroughly enjoyed my smoked salmon and poached eggs and hollandaise on a muffin. My mum had the same thing. My stepdad had shepherd's pie and I can't remember what Lee had. For dessert I had the triple chocolate brownie and ice cream which also came with like milkshake powder which was weird. Lee had the brownie of the day which was a Crunchie one. I had a mimosa too and a coffee!

After we had eaten we went into the gallery in the Weston and then the shop, both of which were quite interesting to see. Then we went to find my dad's name. It was lovely! I'm so glad it's there! My dad spent his entire life living nearby so I'm glad he's immortalised here forever! Some people had left flowers near names so that's something we could do in the future too. 

After this we went back to my mum's for a little bit just to hang out and have a couple of glasses of wine before we went home. I was wearing my all black low top Converse trainers which came off Vinted of course, and a Joe Browns dress via Simply Be that I've had for a while but don't wear a lot. It was a nice day! We also managed to avoid the downpour!


Mimosa with a candied orange piece


Eggs royale


And chips that my mum and I shared


My triple chocolate brownie


And Lee's one


My dad's name on the path, I've blanked out his surname for privacy


Daisies that were nearby the path


All black Converse


And my pretty blue and pink dress when we got home!

No comments:

Post a Comment