Friday, August 16, 2024

Our Wedding Anniversary

The 26th of June was our nineteenth wedding anniversary! I really can't believe we've been married so long! Who let some children get married?! Weird!

Anyway, we weren't sure if we weren't going to do anything or whether we should wait until the weekend, but then I said we should go to Pho for tea. We both really like it and haven't been in a while so I said we should go to Sheffield. Lee was working so we set off about 6 o'clock. It wasn't busy inside which we didn't think it would be, so we easily got a table. I had summer rolls with peanut sauce and tofu curry which is what I always have, but it's just always nice so I like it! I had a prickly pear punch which was delicious. Lee had chicken wings and then chicken noodles. The service was fine until we then wanted to order a dessert too. 

It took ages and we were on a bit of a schedule because Lee wanted to go to a gig. There was an American band playing the Lughole and he wanted to see Retsu, who were one of the supports. They were on at 8.15 so we wanted to get down there. The dessert took a bit to come and the server ended up taking it off our bill which was nice of them. We left about 8pm and made it down to the Lughole in time for Retsu!

It's moved since I last went to it and it's really nice and fancy inside! It's got a big disabled loo and a ramp now too which before it wasn't. There's a few tables at the back so I sat there with my earplugs in (it's very loud) and my book. And a drink! I was perfectly content. I really enjoyed Retsu, too, and it was nice to speak to them afterwards. We stood outside between bands talking to some of Lee's friends. Everyone was amused that he had dragged me to a hardcore punk gig on our anniversary but I didn't mind. It was warm outside so I stayed there a bit before going back inside to read. I had fun! 

We got home about 11am. I was wearing this colourful dress that I got secondhand off Debz. It's from Shein originally. I love the colours in it and thought it would be lovely for the summer. It's a bit of a low neck so I put a green camisole underneath it. It's nice and flowy in the heat!


This was one of my anniversary presents from Lee


Here we are in Pho. As you can see, Lee was wearing a bright orange t shirt - that's how you can really tell it's summer now


Summer rolls with peanut sauce


Prickly pear punch


Tofu and veg curry with jasmine rice


Sign outside the new Lughole


And here I am in this gorgeous bright dress when we got home

No comments:

Post a Comment