Friday, August 23, 2024

Films of the Month - June

I watched fifteen films in June, and ten of those were with Lee while we were away in Wales! I hadn't watched ANY films in June until Lee and I arrived on holiday, and then I didn't watch many when I was back, either. Plus most of what I saw was stuff I had seen before, but no matter because some of them I hadn't seen in absolutely forever. It's nice to watch films with Lee, too. 

Here's what I saw:


We are yet again making our way through the Scream films so we picked back up with Scream 4. Neither of us remembered much about it, although I remembered who the killer was when Lee didn't


We watched Addams Famils Values which is one of the best films ever, no argument


I had mentioned before we went away that I wanted to watch Shaun of the Dead again so we did


Back on to Scream 5 or Scream 2022 or whatever you want to call it. It is good. We really need to watch the sixth one soon too to complete the set 


Lee wanted to watch The Incredibles so we did. I don't love it, but it had been a long time since I saw it so I did enjoy watching it


I had also mentioned wanting to watch the Ghostbusters with the women in, so Lee brought it for us. I do love it and I don't think it deserved the hate it got at all 


I haven't seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off in an ice age so when I noticed it when Lee was scrolling I said we should watch it. I do like it but Ferris is a total dick 


I love Back to the Future II and felt like we hadn't seen it in ages so we watched it. My cousin made the claim that it's the best one, and I can't argue with him


We watched the second Incredibles film since we had seen the first one just a couple of days before. I think I've only seen it once before. Lee said it's better than the first 


And then we were clearly on a bit of a Pixar thing because we watched Toy Story 2 as the final film of our holiday


I think I posted that I went to the cinema to see The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, with Jodie and her friend Rachel. Sam couldn't make it which she was fuming about, haha. I really liked it - I haven't seen it in years and there was loads in it that I forgot about

I also watched a documentary film on Netflix called The Football Fraudster, which I really liked, it was just crackers. The guy was such a dick! I would recommend it 


Lee and I watched The Addams Family in late June, going backwards in order, but no matter


The Devil Wears Prada was on Netflix so I watched it. I really liked the book when I read it way back fifteen years ago and I love Anne Hathaway. I've seen the film before but not for ages, so I did


Finally Lee and I watched Platoon together. One of the things I want to do this year is watch ten fillms about the Vietnam War, so this seems like a good place to start. I haven't seen it in more than a decade,  I reckon. It's good, brutal of course, but good

No comments:

Post a Comment