Thursday, June 2, 2016

Books of the Month - April

I don't feel like I had a very good month of reading in April, although I did get two audiobooks from the library because I have a long commute twice a week and listening to audiobooks is ideal. The choice in my local library isn't very big so I need to go to the main one in town.



1) The Midnight Rose by Lucinda Riley - I read this for the Bloggers Book Club and found it a strange book. I liked it, and was compelled to keep reading, but it was quite strange and very long. It's not my usual genre so it was nice to go out of my comfort zone, but it was an odd book!



2) Willy's Stories by Anthony Browne - this was nominated for some award or other so I got it from the library, but I didn't like it. It has the beginning of many well-known stories (like Rapunzel) but asks the child what they think happened next. The author just needs to tell the story! Pfft




















3) The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness - I liked this a lot - read my review here.



4) The Mephisto Club by Tess Gerritsen - this was the first of my audiobooks and I liked it. I like the Rizzoli and Isles novels but hadn't read this one.



5) The Summer Before by Ann M Martin - this is about the summer before Kristy and co form the Babysitters' Club and it's really cute, I enjoyed it. I loved the BSC so much! Read my review here.




















6) The Woman in Black by Susan Hill - my friend Laura lent this to me and I loved it, I don't know why I didn't read it before! Read my review here.



7) The Last Ten Seconds by Simon Kernick - this was my 2nd audiobook and it passed the time enough, but it was a bit rubbish and flitted around a lot which annoyed me.

See you next month for more book reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment