Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Books of the Months April 2015

Here's what I read in April. It feels like it was a good month!



My friend Leanne recommended this to me. It was interesting to see the author's life in the 50s and the utter drudgery of life, especially for women. I felt she was quite scathing of current feminism though. It is good though.



Sarah is the housemate of my friend Lucinda, and when Lucinda visited me at the end of March she brought me a signed copy. This is a Young Adult novel about a boy with motor-neurone disease. It's a very sweet story.



I bought this just after Christmas with some similar books. I really enjoyed it - there were twists and turns at the protagonist tried to work out how and why her husband was lying to her.



I picked this up in a charity shop in January and just picked it up out of the spare bedroom (so many books). I LOVED IT. I love crime novels and this, while hefty, was a really quick read with lots of great parts and a great serial killer. I have bought a few more in this series (Rizzoli and Isles) on eBay since



Filled with a rediscovered love of crime writing, I read this novella that was free on Kindle one day. It was good, I haven't read the author before



This was also free on Kindle (I use the app on my tablet) and I liked it a lot. It's a young adult novel about a girl whose sister has died tragically, and it's about how she picks up her life really. I lost my dad tragically when I was 24, so I really related to a lot of things in this novel. It was good research for my MA writing too.

.

I feel like everyone in blogland has read this book. I got it at the same time that I got Before We Met, and I feel like they're quite similar novels. I did enjoy it, but I felt like parts of it were totally irrelevant, and that the ending was just terrible.

Have you read any of these? What did you think?

1 comment:

  1. I really like the Rizzoli and Isles series, they're always a good read.

    ReplyDelete