Monday, May 1, 2023

Weekend in East Yorkshire - Day 2

On the Saturday of our weekend away we had a relaxed morning watching TV and then we went for lunch at a local golf club. Lee had booked it because I had gone a bit loopy looking at nearby places as the vegetarian choices weren't brilliant. But Lee found that this place had a few choices so we headed there. The atmosphere was a bit weird but the food was nice enough so we enjoyed it. 

After that we headed up to Hornsea where we stopped right on the front and I took the picture of the beginning/end of the Trans Pennine trail. We had an ice cream before going to play in the amusements for a bit. Then we drove into Hornsea centre and went into some charity shops and stuff; we picked up a few things including a new bird feeder for the garden. Then we had a hot drink and a sit for a while. 

On the way back we stopped at a couple of places to look at the sea, but it was raining again on us by this point. We headed back to the van where we again just chilled out, watching TV and two films and relaxing. I was doing some needlepoint too - I have never done it before but bought a kit. 

I'm glad we factored in doing some relaxing as we were both tired and once again, as chronically ill people, we often need to just relax and let ourselves rest. 


Made up face just before we set off out - this lipstick is new and I really like it


I had a nice glass of wine with my lunch


This marks the beginning and the end of the Trans Pennine Trail, which we live right near. I wonder where the other end is! 


Looking out to sea


Eating my ice cream in the wind


I love days like this by the seaside


But then the weather came in a bit


Finally here's my outfit - the Lindy Bop skirt that was a dress but which my mother altered for me recently, a plain white Simply Be t shirt, and my new black cardigan from Very

No comments:

Post a Comment