Saturday, April 29, 2023

Weekend in East Yorkshire - Day 1

On the 24th of March Lee and I headed to East Yorkshire for a weekend away. I had booked us three nights at Withernsea Sands caravan park, which is a Parkdean Resort. We've been to a few of those before and I really rate them - they're pretty cheap and the caravans are really nice and well appointed, and the parks are always clean and nice. People get sniffy about static caravans but I really rate them. We decided to go in March and booked it way back last year some time when there was a sale on. We visited Withernsea back in 2019 so I knew it was nice enough. It turned out to be a lovely relaxing weekend and just what we needed! 

Lee booked the Friday and Monday off so we could have a proper break. We set off quite early and went to The Deep in Hull. I've been before but it was about ten years ago, and Lee's never been. I had pre booked us online which they like you to do. When we went in there was a small queue so we stood in it and when we got to the cashier she saw my walking stick and told us that in future I could go to the front of the queue instead of waiting, and she also offered me the use of a mobility scooter on the way round. This is really useful accessbility information, and I liked that she just offered it to me instead of me having to ask for it. It shows their staff are well trained and I was grateful for the info, even though I didn't need the scooter. The venue is pretty accessible if you are disabled as it's nearly all ramps and there are quite a few seats on the way round. 

We got the lift up to the third floor where the cafe is and also where the exhibits start. We got some lunch first - the menu is very basic but it was basically fine. We then set off round the exhibitiopn. I loved the sharks and the loggerhead turtles the most, but it is all very good and very educational. We finished about 2.30 and set off towards Withernsea. We stopped at Sainsburys on the way to get some food for the weekend. In Withernsea we went for an ice cream and then got soaked as the skies absolutely opened on us walking back to the car!

We checked into the caravan and unpacked a bit before going swimming at 5pm. I had prebooked this online which is really easy and useful to do. The pool was lovely and warm and we had a really nice time just floating about and chilling out. Afterwards I had a shower back at the van and then we had some tea and watched some TV and a film. It was a lovely first day, we were both really glad Lee had taken off the Friday so we could have it as the first day. 


When we were about to set off


My nail polish was this Nails Inc champagne colour, it is really nice! My nails are in really good condition at the moment, I've been using OPI Nail Envy on them and I think you can really tell


I will let my pictures in The Deep just speak for themselves

























This rainbow appeared over the sea at Withernsea


And inside the caravan! It was quite cosy once we got the heating on


I snuck this photo of the pool just as we were getting in, it was nice!


And I took this photo of the stars at around 10.30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment