Thursday, March 28, 2024

Trip to Edinburgh - Day 4

As I said previously, Lucinda had to work while I was still in Edinburgh, so I did things without her during the day. I also had a trustee meeting in the afternoon on the Monday so I couldn't be out too long. I slept in a little bit as I was tired from the weekend, but then I got in the car and set off for Portobello beach.

I actually went there last May when I was in Edinburgh with my family, but I didn't realise I was in exactly the same place to begin with. Instead, I parked by the river and went into a cafe there for coffee and a very big brownie which was absolutely delicious. 

Then I went next door into Portobello Bookshop. I got a book token for my birthday from my book club and I knew I could spend it there, and Lucinda had told me what a good bookshop it was. I bought four books and saw about five more that I would like to read at some point. 

Then I walked down on to the beach and had a wander on the sand. It wasn't freezing but it was very windy so I got blown about a bit. I walked right down to the sea and found out that my Dr Marten boots are quite waterproof because the sea came in faster than I thought it might! I asked a person walking a dog to take my picture and we had a nice chat. Then I sat down on the prom near where my family was last year, when my mum and I paddled. By this point though it was past 1pm so I had to go back to Lucinda's flat for my meeting.

When I got there I heated up the leftover Dishoom food for my lunch and then laid on Lucinda's bed and paid attention to my meeting. It wasn't the busiest day but it was really lovely to see the sea and blow the cobwebs away. The worst thing about where I live in South Yorkshire is that the sea is so far away!


My huge brownie - I hadn't had any breakfast so had this instead


The river next to the car park


And further down where it reaches the beach


Look at it - so beautiful. The sky was stunning


And looking a bit further afield


I was sitting down at this point taking a selfie of myself huddled in my coat. Have I talked about this coat? Lolly gave it to me and I totally love it because it's not too long or too bulky but keeps me really warm 


Rock pools - I love rock pooling and have happy memories of doing it with my mum when I was little 


Looking further along the beach


And here's me! Yay!


My shadow right by the water's edge


It came in further than I thought


Closer to the rock pools


I love this photo of the breakwater


Here's the books I bought - I'm looking forward to all of these!


And finally here's Lucinda's cat Merlin who was very careful to keep a close eye on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment