Sunday, February 9, 2014

What I Made for My Friend

This is a complete showing off post! I know it's not fatshion, but it is an integral part of my life at the moment so here you go.

I recently learnt how to crochet. It was one of the things I wanted to do before I turned 30 and I actually managed it. Two friends taught me on a weekend away last November and I don't know why but it just made sense to me and I was away, tackling more complicated stitches and patterns. Crochet is great because it's very forgiving of mistakes and easily undone if it's wrong. I made some Christmas decorations and I'm making myself a scarf, but I wanted to make something for my friend Sarah.

I made the granny squares (around the edges) first, joined them together with a double crochet stitch on the front which I really like. I made the heart and had to wing it to make it into a square, but I think it looks okay. I had lots of problems sewing the crochet on to the cushion cover, so in real life it looks quite terrible, but the photos hide it. And the best thing is that Sarah loved it!







No comments:

Post a Comment