Friday, September 23, 2016

Camping in Denbigh with my family

Over the August Bank Holiday weekend I went camping with Lee, my mum, stepdad, my aunt, uncle, cousin Peter and my other cousin's fiancee Beth. My other cousin Rob was off with his historical reenactment group, so he couldn't come. I booked us into Caer Mynydd Caravan Park near Denbigh which turned out to be really quiet and peaceful. We were in the middle of the permanent caravan field and we set up quite a nice camp with our three tents.

My mum and stepdad made a lovely barbecue on Friday night, my aunt and uncle made curry on Saturday night, and Lee and I did chilli on Sunday night. Perfect camping food, all of it!

I got to spend time on both Saturday and Sunday with Lee and Peter, who are two of my favourite people in the world. On Saturday we went for a drive around St Asaph, Bodelwyddan and Kinmel Bay. Here's some photos:


St Asaph's Cathedral



Some yarnbombing in St Asaph


Marble church at Bodelwyddan


I loved this doorway, the marble felt so cold too


This model of the church was made out of over 11,500 matchsticks!


Peter took this of Lee and I on the beach at Kinmel Bay


Peter collected a bunch of stones to go and skim them on the water. The tide was well out!




I love taking photos like these. Beaches soothe me. 



On Sunday Lee and Peter and I went to Prestatyn while everyone else went to Rhyl to watch an air show. We first played minigolf...




Then we had lunch and played in the amusements 


This was a monument to Offa's Dyke, apparently.

Then we went a bit further along the coast and played tenpin bowling. Peter beat us both times! 



We were all sad to be going home on Monday, so we asked people in the tent next to us to take a group shot. 


And here's one my mum took on Friday when we arrived! Our tent is the one on the right and I love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment