Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Matilda in Bradford

In March Sam and Jacqui and I went to see Matilda the Musical in Bradford. Jac bought the tickets for us for Christmas, which was really nice and gave us something to look forward to.

We met up for tea at 5pm, we went to My Lahore which is at the top of the street near the theatre. It's British Asian fast food, it's cheap and really delicious and just what you need right before the theatre! We had plenty of time so ended up having three courses and a jug of mango lassi which is really yummy. I had potato paratha, which I don't think I've had before, and paneer and spinach curry with pilau rice. Then I had chocolate fudge cake!

We walked down to the theatre and easily got our seats. We were only in the second row so the view was fantastic and the seats really comfortable. I wasn't sure what I was expecting from the show itself but it was GREAT.

The kids were all really good, no one was a step out of place and they all sounded amazing. It was really funny and the music was really good too. The costumes and staging especially were really good. I'd thoroughly recommend it if you like musicals.

I had put this Scarlett & Jo dress on, I haven't worn it in a while but it's one of my favourite dresses. It's comfortable but looks fab. Sorry for the photo - I got Lee to take it when I got home and didn't realise my cardigan was all over the place!


In our seats


Before the show started


Scarlett & Jo prom dress from a few years ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment