Saturday, April 20, 2019

Trip to Shropshire - Day 2

On our second day in Shropshire we again had bagels for breakfast and then set off to Oswestry, north of where we were staying. We parked and had a bit of a wander round. Oswestry has some really nice shops, including a gorgeous bookshop and cafe that I wish I had had more time to wander around! I bought one book but their YA section was great, I was really impressed with it. I also managed to find shoes for me for our vow renewal, which has been on my mind because I bought a pair but they didn't fit and I couldn't find anything better. I'll show what I bought after the renewal!

We then drove to Ellesmere which has a big lake, to have our lunch. We sat at a picnic table and had all kinds of bits, it was great. We fed some lettuce to the ducks and had a little walk. Then we drove to Whittington Castle, which isn't huge but which was quite nice to look at, and we had afternoon tea there.

Again we got back to the cottage around 4pm and I got into my pyjamas for a bit before we went out to Meze Greek restaurant in Ellesmere. It's highly rated and we liked it, although service was quite slow. I had spanokopita and then halloumi kebabs which were really good. We didn't have dessert but went back and watched another film before bed.

I wish we had had longer in Shropshire but as it was we had to leave the next day. It was nice for all three of us to get away, though. Sam and I drove home in yet more sunshine, and although I was absolutely exhausted when I got home I had had a lovely time.


Von and Sam at Ellesmere Lake


Geese!


And ducks!


I like them


Especially ducks



Whittington Castle


Decaf coffee and Victoria sponge with raspberry jam - both so good!


Spanokopita


Halloumi souvlaki with pitta, salad, and chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment