Thursday, May 2, 2019

Films of the Month - March

I watched seventeen films in March which feels like a lot?! When I was in Shropshire with Sam and Von we watched five films! Here's what I watched:


I really enjoyed the Wolf of Wall Street, which I've never seen. Loopy story, Leo is great
I had only seen Trainspotting 2 once, so I thoroughly enjoyed the rewatch
And I love Grease, I think I know every word to all the songs, so this is always a real comfort film for me


I can't remember who recommended the Boys Next Door, but I'm glad they did, I liked it a lot. It's very graphic though
Paddington 2 is such a cute film, I actually saw it at the cinema when it came out
And I had never seen The Normal Heart, about Aids activist Ned Weeks, so I'm really glad I watched it. Mark Ruffalo is glorious


On holiday we had taken some films (thanks Sam!) but they also had some in the cottage. One of them was Circle of Friends, which I sort of love even though it's a bit rubbish, so I said we should watch it
Then we watched High Fidelity because none of us had seen it in forever. Rob is such a douche but John Cusack is so pretty
Then Von said we should watch The Secret Life of Pets, and it was a lot better than I was expecting! Very cute


We also watched Made of Honor which is a pretty fun romcom, I don't think I've ever seen it. Patrick Dempsey is pretty
Von said we should watch the Back Up Plan, I liked it, Jennifer Lopez is really good
Then when I got back, lots of people on Twitter were talking about Isn't It Romantic so I thought I'd give it a go. It is nice to see a fat woman play a romantic lead. I liked it!


Netflix recommended Behind the Curve to me, a documentary about people who believe that the earth is flat. I am interested in conspiracy theories and this is a perfect one. The people in it are so frustrating! I would recommend it
Lee and I finally watched The Hate U Give after we both really enjoyed the book. The film is really good too, it is a really good adaptation
I watched The Dirt, a film about Motley Crue, on Netflix. I've heard that it's not that true to life, but given that I know almost nothing about the band I didn't really care. I thought it was funny


I've been meaning to watch Crazy Rich Asians for ages and am really glad I did. It's funny and cute
And finally, Lee and I watched the first X Men film, which I've only seen a couple of times. It's okay, but I really prefer Michael Fassbender playing Magneto like in the prequels

No comments:

Post a Comment