Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Lunch and Shopping with Friends at Meadowhall

On the 4th of June I headed to Meadowhall to meet up with Lolly, Becky, and Georgina. Becky has been living in Canada for a fair few years but now she's back in Leeds so Lolly wanted to arrange a meet up. Georgina lives in Sheffield so we invited her too - she hasn't been out much because of the pandemic so I was really pleased she said she would come along! We arranged to meet at Starbucks near Yours at 11am, so once we did that we each got a drink and chatted for a bit.

We then headed into The Perfume Shop; Georgina is a brand ambassador for them and we both love perfume so we tried some new ones and smelt a ton! Then we headed into Next - Georgina had been recently for the opening of their new beauty hall so wanted to show the rest of us. It's lovely - it looks really fancy and the staff were all really helpful. I picked up some Next perfume, which I think is really nice for the price you pay for it. This was a small bottle so perfect for chucking in my handbag for use during the day. I also got some White Pear and Nectarine shower gel from a brand I haven't heard of before but I love the scent of it. 

We had a table booked at Las Iguanas at 12.30 so Becky and I headed there so that we weren't late and waited for the others. Georgina uses a wheelchair so we had said this on the booking and it was no problem so that was good. I had a passionfruit mocktail and then tapas - nachos, cauliflower bites, and beach cheese which is a bit like halloumi and is served with a chilli jam. Everyone liked their food I think and the drinks being two for one is always good!

After lunch we headed back to Yours, I looked at a few bits but didn't buy anything. By this time Becky had to go catch her train so Georgina went that way with her, and Lolly and I popped into a couple more places before walking back to Marks & Spencer where I had parked and where Lolly could go catch her train too. It was a lovely afternoon though, I am so glad we did it and hopefully we can do it again soon! I was wearing one of my new Lady V dresses that I got in April and haven't worn before. This one has pale pink hearts on the dark background and it was nice to wear. It is perhaps a little bit big on my top half, but never mind! I was wearing my black shrug too but I took it off in Las Iguanas as it was warm! 


Here's all four of us in the restaurant


My passionfruit mocktails


I took this but struggled to get us all in haha


Nachos


Cauliflower bites and beach cheese. I do love tapas!


And finally Chloe had asked for a full length photo of me as a reference for something, showing off my dress perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment