Thursday, July 27, 2023

Sam's Birthday Day Out in Leeds

The 10th of June was Sam's birthday and she wanted to go to Leeds, so she booked bottomless brunch at Turtle Bay for me and her and Jacqui. Then she added a booking at The Alchemist on Greek Street for after that, too. We considered going to the cinema but decided instead to do an escape room! I've never done one before so that was really exciting for me! We met near the escape room in The Light at about 12.30pm. 

Sam had chosen the Blackbeard themed escape room, so we were shown to it and then left in it. I'm not sure how much use I actually was but I had good fun doing it. We asked for quite a bit of help because we would just get stuck on one thing, but there was no penalty for doing so. We finished in 53 minutes! We were pleased with that, and our games master said that we hadn't asked for loads of help and to bear in mind that there were only three of us whereas some teams have six or eight people. I really enjoyed it and would do another one in the future. 

We went down to Turtle Bay for 2pm. We had tons of cocktails - three the same so we took it in turns to choose each time. You can choose any of the brunch food or wraps and burgers, so I went for the vegan chicken sandwich and had some sweet potato fries on the side too. Service on the drinks was a bit slow but the waiter kept taking orders which was good. You get two hours and it's just over £30 which I felt was good value. 

We finished our drinks and walked to The Alchemist. I've only been in the one on Greek Street a couple of times and it was busy because the weather was so nice! We ordered some drinks and some desserts. My first drink, a Screwball like the ice cream, was not that great; I wouldn't get it again. But my dessert was delicious! It was a s'mores cookie dough thing and was utterly gorgeous. I also had the colour changing cocktail which I love at The Alchemist. 

We all walked back to the train station together and I got the train home to Barnsley where Lee picked me up. It was such a lovely day for Sam's birthday! I was wearing one of my new dresses from Lady V Vintage; I bought four recently when they were on sale for £15 each. It's the first time I wore this one and I really love the watermelon pattern. 


It's summer so I'm trying to wear my contact lenses and then I can wear my pretty sunglasses too! Lolly gave me these ones and they're so much fun! I thought they and my lipstick (a Models Own one) matched the watermelons on my dress perfectly


There's a cinema in The Light so I had to go and play in the Barbie box. I am very excited to see the film!


These are some of the different escape rooms available


We escaped! I am really pleased we managed it!


The three of us in Turtle Bay


I don't remember which this cocktail was but it was nice


My vegan motherclucker burger - it was delicious!


Mojito! Nice and refreshing


This was in The Alchemist, isn't it fancy?! It had disco lights in the bottom too 


My gorgeous dessert


And finally the colour changing one!

No comments:

Post a Comment