Friday, October 20, 2023

Brunch and Shopping with Lee

On the 3rd Saturday in September I had had plans to see my friends Sam and Jac but then a family emergency happened so we had to cancel. Lee came back from Bratislava with some kind of bug, so he and I had laid low for a few days, but by Saturday he felt a bit better so we decided to go into town. 

We got to The Lounge at about 11.45; we had walked from the car park and had passed a brass band which sounded great on our way there. Oh, we also went into TK Maxx where I bought a candle and the first Christmas present of the season! I had wanted some kind of autumn candle but the choice wasn't great so I went for a Sandalwood and Myrrh one instead. 

I've been struggling with my appetite so I didn't go for the big veggie breakgast at The Lounge like I usually do. Lee did, but I went for the smaller veggie breakfast instead. It was so nice, I enjoyed it. We had a hot chocolate each too. After that we walked through the market looking at a few stalls and into a couple of independent shops. There seems to be a lot more indie shops in Barnsley now since the town centre regeneration, which I am obviously pleased about. 

We then drove down to the retail park where we first of all went in Starbucks for a coffee for me and another hot chocolate for Lee, and then we went in The Range because we both needed boxes for work. I bought a paper cutting craft kit too which looks like good fun! Lastly we went to Asda to get a few things. We got back and both relaxed for the rest of the day because we both definitely needed it, but I am glad we went out for a bit! 


Lee in The Lounge before food arrived


My smaller breakfast - I ate Lee's mushrooms too because he doesn't like them


Lee's big veggie breakfast


This sign is in the market and I love it! I like living in Barnsley, we get a lot of knocks but it's a nice enough place!


What I bought

No comments:

Post a Comment