Thursday, October 12, 2023

Films of the Month - August

I watched thirteen films in August, which was quite a lot. Lee and I watched a few when we were away in Northumberland which brought my total up. I saw some ace stuff! Here's what I watched:


Netflix recommended The Lucie Blackman Case to me so I watched it. I do remember the case from twenty years ago but didn't remember the ins and outs. It is a good documentary


I have seen Pray Away before - it's about people who used to be involved in Christian fundamentalism and who were "ex gays" and it's terrible and shocking and just very sad. 


Someone reminded me of the existence of Judy Blume Forever which is about the writer and her life and books. I meant to watch it anyway but hadn't got round to it. It is so good - if you grew up on Judy's books like I did then it's really worth watching


I don't even know why I had Cheaper By the Dozen on my computer ready to be watched but I did so I watched it and quite liked it


Netflix kept trying to get me to watch a documentary called The Real Bling Ring which was the people involved in the actual crimes talking about what happened. I was intrigued but hadn't heard of the case so I watched the film based on what happened first. It's a funny film and Emma Watson is great, but the actual crimes were just... bad 


I noticed that both Goosebumps films were on Netflix so I watched the first one first. I loved Goosebumps books when I was a kid so it was nice to see the film version. Jack Black was really good and I really liked this film


Lee and I watched This Is Spinal Tap while we were away. It's always so funny and so stupid, no matter how many times I see it. I often say "And it's like, how much more black could it be? None. None more black"


We watched Ghostbusters Afterlife on our second day away. We saw it in the cinema when it came out and I really liked it but Lee was less sure. But I think it's a decent addition to the franchise and I think people who whine about it are children who need to get over it - new things exist! Even of your favourite things! That's okay! 


Lee and I have been making our way through Auf Wiedersehen Pet again, and are about halfway through Series 2 as I'm typing this. This reminded Lee about this film existed, with Jimmy Nail in it. So we watched it on his birthday while we were away. It's funny enough


We then watched Pocahontas because we're still making our way through some of the classic Disney films that we missed out on in childhood. This is a terrible one, though 


When we were back at home I watched Goosebumps 2, it's not as good as the first one but I did still like it


Okay now this was the film of the month for me! I loved it so much! It popped up on Netflix and I watched it straight away. It's about a girl who is about to have her bat mitzvah and there's tons of drama around her best friend and so on. The girl is played by Adam Sandler's daughter, and his other daughter is her sister and he is her dad! And Irina Mendel plays the mum! It's SUCH a cute film and I would utterly recommend it if you like teen films


Finally I watched this true crime documentary on Netflix which was really interesting but also of course very very sad

No comments:

Post a Comment